After an unforeseen bug caused a small delay, the new and improved 6v6 Iron Banner is making it’s first and likely final appearance for season 2 of Destiny 2. The new format will be using the Control mode, and like the final Faction Rally, all season 2 Iron Banner gear and weapons are obtainable through reward packages from Lord Saladin or purchased directly using Iron Banner tokens. Lastly, this event is also the final chance to complete any season 2 Iron Banner quests as next month introduces brand new content and changes.
With season 3 right around the corner, Bungie revealed an updated content roadmap for Destiny 2. The studio finally confirmed the next downloadable content known as Warmind is arriving on May 8, with a reveal livestream planned for next week on April 24. Other season 3 updates include additional space in the vault, Nightfall challenge cards, exotic sandbox changes, new seasonal events and much more. Bungie also teased Season 4, which begins in September and looks to include weapon randomization as well as record books.
Along with the arrival of Saladin, the weekly Destiny 2 reset has also arrived. As always, this means new weekly content for players to pursue including an updated Leviathan Raid order, a brand new Nightfall strike, a new Flashpoint location, and much more. Here’s everything that players need to know for the week of April 17, 2018.
Weekly Nightfall Strike
Nightfall Strike: The Arms Dealer
- To earn Unbroken, the fireteam needs to complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
- Trash the Thresher requires players to shoot down a Thresher while fighting Bracus Zahn.
Nightfall Reward: Tilt Fuse Exotic Sparrow
Braccus Zahn and his shady dealings is the focus of the Nightfall this week, sending players back into The Arms Dealer strike. For the first time, however, players have a chance to earn Zahn’s exotic and highly customized sparrow known as the Tilt Fuse.
Upon loading in, players will basically be interrupting a battle between the Fallen and Cabal. During these initial sections, which also feature a Colossus and Siege Tank, Guardians will need to drop charges at specific drop points on the ship, while fighting off waves of enemies like the aggressive war beasts. Continue running through the level, and eventually, Zahn will appear. However, players will need to chase him through parts of the level, while continuing to battle his Cabal allies and turret traps.
Eventually, players will come to the final room which is fairly large and features plenty of makeshift cover to hide behind. During this boss phase, Cabal troops and auto-defense turrets pose a major threat in addition to Zahn taking pot shots at players. Continue chipping away at his health and taking down his shields as quickly as possible to finally end the fight and earn those rewards.
Flashpoint Location and Treasure Maps
Flashpoint Location: Io
The Flashpoint milestone for this week is located on Jupiter’s moon of Io. Head there and participate in public events around the zones to earn a Luminous Engram which holds powerful gear. Don’t forget to trigger the heroic modifier on each event to earn a little extra towards completing the quest.
Io is also the location for this week’s set of treasure chests. Before heading out, visit Cayde-6 at the Tower to purchase his maps. As always, nothing is guaranteed with these chest rewards which can range from basic items like rare gear to more interesting loot like exotic engrams or exclusive emblems.
Here’s a quick guide to the location of all five:
- Giant’s Scar
- In the path linking Giant’s Scar to the Lost Oasis, players can find this treasure chest on top of a metal structure.
- Terrabase Charon
- The first of three chests in Terrabase Charon can be found along the path from the warp point from the Lost Oasis. Follow the main path north and be on the lookout for the chest hiding in the first Cabal structure seen along the road to the left.
- The final chest is actually between Charon and Giant’s Scar, so fast travel there and then head straight through the gate leading to the drill site. Continue following the road to the left side through a cave opening to the back of the zone. Following this path will eventually lead to Terrabase Charon, but prior to reaching that zone, the chest is sitting under a metal platform.
- From there, continue following the path into Terrabase Charon, then head right inside a door where the Cabal and Taken are fighting. Eventually, players will enter The Wraith Mines, so continue running through the first two rooms. In the third room, hang a right and jump to the other side of the platform. Before the door, look to the right and the final chest can be seen hanging off a ledge. Jump off the narrow ledge to get to it in the corner.
- The Endless Gate
- The final treasure this week is found at the southernmost point on Io beyond the Endless Gate. Load into The Rupture and immediately head toward the huge Vex structure, past the nearby pit where the first chest was found. Right beyond that point is a small tunnel that leads into the Endless Gate zone. Before heading through a doorway with blue lights on it, look to a pillar on the left side for the familiar blue glow of a treasure chest.
Leviathan Raid Encounter Order/Weekly Challenge
The reset also shuffles around the Leviathan Raid encounter order. While this not only helps to keep the experience fresh for veteran players, it also helps players new to the experience get used to the Raid while also giving them an opportunity to play each part even if struggling.
This week, players will find the challenge within the Gauntlet section of the Leviathan Raid. Make sure to consult our guide for tips, tricks, and a general walkthrough of how to complete it.
Raid order for April 17:
- Pleasure Gardens (War Dogs)
- Gauntlet – Challenge
- Baths (Royal Pools)
- Emperor Calus
Crucible Milestone and Weekly Playlist
Call to Arms – Win glory by participating, getting kills, and finishing PvP matches from either the Quickplay or Competitive playlists. Finish the milestone and return to Shaxx to earn his weekly engram.
Weekly Crucible Playlist – Iron Banner Control. Now with 6v6 action!
Heroic Strike Milestone
Heroic Strikes – Complete 3 heroic strikes.
For players looking for more of a challenge when playing strikes, the Heroic Strikes playlist is the way to go in Destiny 2. Players above the minimum recommended power level of 270 have an opportunity to score better loot at the end of the mission. Complete three of these this week to earn a powerful loot engram.
And that’s all for this week. Good luck, Guardians!
Destiny 2 is available now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.