gamerant.com

Destiny 2: Voice Actor for Zavala Plays a Warlock in Game

destiny 2 zavala ikora

The voice actor for Destiny 2 Titan Vanguard Zavala is spending his Saturday relaxing and playing Destiny 2. Lance Reddick, or perhaps a family member, posted a video to Twitter showing the Zavala voice actor putting in some Destiny 2 work. The attached message reads "Saturday Vibes. #Destiny #Zavala" while the video shows Reddick with his feet up and a PS4 controller in his hands. What's most striking about the video, however, is that Reddick isn't playing a Titan.

Instead of playing as a Titan, the class that his character in Destiny 2 is, Reddick has instead chosen to take up the mantle of a Warlock. As the camera pans to the screen, viewers can see Reddick's Warlock spread his firey wings and set the sky ablaze as a Dawnblade subclass. Reddick is understandably in the zone, focused entirely on Destiny 2, and doesn't offer any comments for the camera. Zavala assuredly understands, so long as Reddick is doing the Guardians proud.

RELATED: Horizon: Zero Dawn Adds The Wire's Lance Reddick

This actually isn't even the first time that Reddick maining a Warlock has been revealed. During a livestream leading up to the launch of Destiny 2, Bungie had an interview with the voice actor. During the interview, Reddick admits that he played the original Destiny "almost every day." It seems he's kept up the habit in Destiny 2.  He also admitted that while he plays Titan about 25% of the time, the remaining 75% is dedicated to his Warlock.

Coincidentally, Nathan Fillion, who voiced Cayde-6, had also confirmed that he plays a Warlock in Destiny 2. That's two out of three Vanguard playing Warlocks, with the third actually voicing a Warlock.

It's funny to think that PlayStation 4 Destiny 2 players may be adventuring alongside Lance Reddick day-to-day. Guardians might have done a Strike with Reddick in-between his scenes during the filming of John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum. It begs the question as to whether Reddick plays all of the video games that he stars in. He's also voiced characters in both Horizon Zero Dawn and Quantum Break. Though his first game is the notable 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

As exciting as it is to see Reddick playing Destiny 2, to potentially have Zavala himself in the same squad, there's one thing to note. It doesn't look like Reddick is sporting a microphone. That means there's no way to tell whether the Dawnbringer in the Fireteam is Reddick or just any other nameless Warlock. At least Guardians can know that somewhere out there Zavala is out there doing his part. After all, every second wasted in idleness is a second lost to the Darkness.

Destiny 2 is available now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

MORE: Destiny 2 Director's Cut: 7 Takeaways and What It Means for the Future of Destiny

Destiny 2 Season Opulence Key Art
Destiny 2 Annual Pass is Free for Everyone Now

More in Gaming News