The Nightfall strikes in Destiny 2 have gotten a bit of a change from Destiny 1, and one of the biggest alterations to the weekly high-level activity is an added time limit. If players aren’t able to finish the Nightfall in time, they are kicked to orbit and must start all over again. But for this week’s Nightfall, players have discovered a way to cheese it, adding a large amount of time back on the clock.
The method has to do with the time gates in this week’s version of Destiny 2‘s The Inverted Spire Nightfall strike. Destiny streamer Gigz posted the cheese on the Destiny subreddit, showing that it is possible to get the time gates to respawn and add about three minutes to the time limit. Here is the method in action:
To explain how to do it, here’s a step-by-step text guide:
- Load up the Prestige Nightfall
- Activate the spire in the first area by clearing the adds, then jump across the first jumping puzzle and go across the lift to the area with two lifts. Once all the enemies here are gone, have one player stay in the area while the other two continue on through the next lift.
- Those two players will continue through the strike and go all the way through the next encounter, killing all the enemies, and then go through the time gates.
- The same pair of players should continue to the section of the strike with the Drill Officers and the two domes.
- Once those players get close to that section, the player who has been waiting back in the previous area should continue on with the strike.
- By the time the solo player gets to the area, the time gates will respawn, allowing that player to go through them just as the previous two did.
This cheese will only work for now for The Inverted Spire Nightfall while the time modifier is time gates. Last week’s Nightfall gave players time by killing enemies, so if The Inverted Spire strike ever has that modifier, this cheese would not work.
Completing the Nightfall will grant Powerful gear, which translates into Luminous Engrams, providing one of the best ways to level up in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 is available now for PS4 and Xbox One, and on October 24, 2017 for PC.
Source: Destiny Reddit