The second Faction Rally raged on this past week and for the first time ever in Destiny 2, it was the Future War Cult who came out victorious against previous winner Dead Orbit and New Monarchy. No doubt, the Sunshot exotic catalyst helped push players in this direction as the Graviton Lance catalyst did for Dead Orbit in round 1. This means that for the next week, Future War Cult pledges can pick up the legendary sidearm known as The Vision for only 1,000 glimmer, while everyone else has to spend 50,000.
Arguably the biggest Faction Rally prize for those who are able to reach the maximum rank for any of the factions is the exotic catalyst. Hitting rank 50 with any faction can be quite a grind and will require 1000 tokens in order to get there. Naturally, not everyone is going to have the time or drive to do this three times or even once, which means the catalysts for the Sunshot, Sweet Business, and Graviton Lance are out of reach for most. Thankfully, Bungie is giving players another way to unlock these powerful items as there will be other ways to acquire them which will be outlined at a later date.
Congratulations to Future War Cult for their first victory of a Faction Rallies event!
Zero Future no more. The Winner's Offering may now be purchased from Lakshmi-2. Glimmer prices may vary depending on your allegiance. pic.twitter.com/4G5QRmW18S
— Bungie (@Bungie) July 3, 2018
For now, the Tower is quiet without a new weekly activity to pursue, though the weekly reset has finally returned in the Destiny 2 world. We’ve put together this complete list of activities for the week of July 3 including details on the new Nightfall, where to find the Flashpoint, tips for finishing the Leviathan Raid challenge and everything else new this week.
Nightfall Strike Details
Nightfall Strike: Arms Dealer
Take on the Cabal leader Braccus Zahn, who is providing weapons to the Red Legion from his base of operations inside of the European Dead Zone.
- To earn Unbroken, the fireteam needs to complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
- Trash The Thresher: Shoot down a Thresher while fighting Bracus Zahn.
Nightfall Reward: Tilt Fuse Exotic Sparrow
Flashpoint Location and Treasure Maps
Flashpoint Location: Titan
The Flashpoint milestone for this week has moved over to Saturn’s moon, Titan. Players can wrap up this quest fairly easily by just participating in one of the public events that spawn there, either the Witch’s Ritual or the Arsenal Walker tanks. To raise the quest completion percentage a bit faster, make sure to trigger heroic modifiers on each. Once complete, head back to the Tower and speak to Cayde to earn his Luminous Engram for the week.
Cayde-6 also has five new treasure maps for sale for hidden stashes on Titan. The loot inside is always a gamble, offering common rewards like rare gear to more unique items like emblems or exotic engrams. Once the maps are purchased, returning to Titan will create visual markers on the minimap of where the chests are located in the region.
Here are the general treasure locations on Titan:
- The first Rig treasure is found over the bridge inside the large blue building. Once inside, run to the back and up the steps to the left. The blue glow should be visible from the top of the staircase.
- Chest number 2 sits right between Siren’s Watch and The Rig. After fast traveling to The Rig, head through to the first tower connecting the zones. The chest can be found in the next tower right as you enter.
- After running through the colored glass, head left and through the first door. Follow the path past a tree in a glass case. Beyond this room, turn around and jump up to a ledge over that door.
- The next two are found within The Festering Halls. Head back to the main entrance and this time run to the right side of the room and through the door towards the back Follow the path until the Festering Halls is reached. Straight ahead on a ledge, players should see the blue treasure glow.
- The final chest is much further into this area so simply continue through this area by following the path, past the enemies and through the open doors. This last chest is found in a wide open room full of Hive enemies towards the left side.
Leviathan Raid Encounter Order/Weekly Challenge
The weekly refresh also changes up the Leviathan Raid encounter order, keeping the experience fresh for veteran players while also helping newer players who may not have been able to play through the entire encounter.
Players can find the weekly Raid challenge inside of the Royal Pools, also known as the baths. Don’t forget to consult our Royal Pools (Bath) challenge guide which contains a walkthrough of the area as well as tips and tricks for getting through it.
Raid order for July 3:
- Royal Pools (Baths) – Challenge
- Pleasure Gardens
Crucible Milestone and Weekly Playlist
Call to Arms – Win glory by participating, getting kills, and finishing PvP matches from any of the Crucible PvP playlists. Finish the milestone and return to Shaxx to earn his weekly engram.
Weekly Crucible Playlist – Mayhem
Heroic Strike Milestone
Heroic Strikes – Complete 3 heroic strikes.
For players looking for more of a challenge when playing strikes, the Heroic Strikes playlist is the way to go in Destiny 2. Players above the minimum recommended power level of 350 have an opportunity to score better loot at the end of the mission. Complete three of these this week to earn a powerful loot engram.
And that’s all for this week. Good luck, Guardians!
Destiny 2 is available now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.