With Lord Saladin all packed up and back in the Iron Temple until he’s called once more, life in The Tower is back to normal this week. Without a new weekly event to occupy the time, attention has turned towards the end of the month as a major update nears its launch date. Known as the Sandbox update, Bungie is bringing a lot of changes to the Destiny 2 experience, many of which are highly requested from the community.
The Crucible is the recipient of many of these changes as Iron Banner moves back to classic 6v6 combat, Rumble and Mayhem make their return to the new weekly playlist, power ammo arrives more frequently, and snipers may be relevant again thanks to a short gameplay clip. Not only that, a few subclasses are getting buffed like the Arcstrider, and every weapon type has also been reworked in some way. Either way, the Destiny 2 experience is set to change on March 27.
In the meantime, however, the weekly reset for Destiny 2, bringing with it all new content to experience over the next seven days. Our guide below covers each item in detail including the latest Nightfall strike, an updated Leviathan Raid order, a new Flashpoint location, and much more for the week of March 13, 2018.
Weekly Nightfall Strike
Nightfall Strike: A Garden World
- None listed for this week.
- To earn Unbroken, the fireteam needs to complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
- Players need to kill the Shielded Minotaurs in under 90 seconds in order to complete the final challenge for this week.
The Nightfall this week has jumped over to the planet Mercury once again, which is a good or bad thing depending on whether or not players own the latest DLC. For Curse of Osiris owners, it’s just another week, but for vanilla Destiny 2 players, the Nightfall is unavailable until next week’s reset.
As players should be aware by this point, A Garden World is a campaign mission from the Curse of Osiris expansion which also means that enemies, locations, and mission details are largely the same. After running into the Infinite Forest, players will be fighting numerous waves of enemy factions like the Vex and Fallen. Eventually, players will ultimately end up back on Mercury with the focus now on Vex and Cabal enemies.
In this part of the mission, players will need to find and destroy floating vex cubes, which removes the shields from nearby elite enemies. To destroy the cubes, walk through the nearby transparent dome and shoot out the cube. During this phase, players will be repeating this multiple times, while also taking out enemies and using gravity lifts to climb to the top of the tower.
At the top of the large structure, players will face off against the Vex Root Mind. This special cyclops Vex rotates 360 degrees around the platform, as well as summon randomized wall structures. Players will need to continue to move, take cover, as well as eliminate Vex enemies which flood the room. Avoid the big purple laser, take cover often, take out trash mobs first, and players should have this boss down in no time.
Flashpoint Location and Treasure Maps
Flashpoint Location: Io
The next planet in line for the Flashpoint is Io, a moon of Jupiter. Participate and complete Public Events that appear on the map to fill a percentage meter. Once 100% is reached, head back to Cayde-6 at The Tower to turn it in and earn his weekly engram. Make sure to trigger the heroic modifier on each strike to help get this quest done a little bit faster.
Five new treasure chests are up for grabs this week on Io as well, so make sure to visit Cayde before heading out to purchase his maps. The minimap updates with an icon of where the chests can be found, though the loot inside is much more randomized from simple rare gear, tokens, and quest items that can be turned in, to more interesting things like exotic engrams and emblems.
Here’s a general description for all five chests:
- The first three can be nabbed at Giant’s Scar. Fast travel there to get started.
- Upon loading in, head straight through the door which leads into the main area with the large drill. The main door is straight ahead on top of a small hill, so fight through the Taken in here and run through the door to head to Excavation Site II. Continue running through the door straight ahead, continue following the path into the second room, head through the left door. The final room has the chest, which can be found in the back of the room by a large window.
- For the second chest, head back out and back towards the fast travel point. Jump on a sparrow and head down the path heading towards Lost Oasis. A large metal structure is located along this road, and the chest can be found at the top of it.
- Chest three is further down this path, so jump down and continue moving towards the Lost Oasis until another metal structure is found. The chest is found on the left structure on the lower platform.
- For chest four, warp back to the Lost Oasis and this time head to the right. Along the path between Lost Oasis and The Rupture, the chest can be found on the side of the road on an overhanging section. It won’t be visible from the road, however, so players should look for a lone tree on the left side after coming out of a tunnel. Take care when trying to access this chest as it’s easy to fall off the map.
- The final chest is quite a run through Vex territory at The Endless Gate. Fast Travel to The Rupture and head towards the Pyramidion, where Vex patrol a large area. To the left side of that area is a small pathway. Follow it to the final room. Before the Vex gate is reached, the chest can be found off to the right side, just hidden behind a fallen stone pillar.
Leviathan Raid Encounter Order/Weekly Challenge
The weekly reset also impacts the raid each and every week as the Leviathan Raid encounter order has been shuffled. While this not only helps to keep the experience fresh for veteran players, it also helps players new to the experience get used to the Raid while also giving them an opportunity to play each part even if struggling.
The raid challenge for this week is located within the Baths (or Royal Pools as some know it). For tips, tricks, and a walkthrough, consult our guide for completing the raid challenge for this week.
Raid order for February 20:
- Baths (Royal Pools)
- Pleasure Gardens (War Dogs)
- Emperor Calus
Heroic Strike Milestone
Heroic Strikes – Complete 3 heroic strikes.
For players looking for more of a challenge when playing strikes, the Heroic Strikes playlist is the way to go in Destiny 2. Players above the minimum recommended power level of 270 have an opportunity to score better loot at the end of the mission. Complete three of these this week to earn a powerful loot engram.
Lord Shaxx Crucible Milestone
Call to Arms – Win glory by participating, getting kills, and finishing PvP matches from either the Quickplay or Competitive playlists. Finish the milestone and return to Shaxx to earn his weekly engram.
And that’s all for this week. Good luck, Guardians!
Destiny 2 is available now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.