Destiny 2 may have had a few hiccups at launch, especially when the game rolled out to North America, but things have certainly settled since then. That doesn’t mean the game is without a few issues, though, and developer Bungie has outlined some of the more pressing matters for players.
As is to be expected, Destiny 2 has its fair share of errors for players, which are named after various objects and animals. The Cabbage error is the one that players seem to be getting most often, and Bungie currently doesn’t have a fix in place.
PS4 Pro users are also reporting crashes with the game, which Bungie says it is aware of and trying to fix. I can report that there is a crashing issue with the PS4 Pro, but during about 20 hours of play the application has only crashed once. It’s also worth mentioning that a fellow fireteam member also had his game crash, despite not using a PS4 Pro.
Outside of application-based problems, there are a few Destiny 2 issues for players to be aware of. Many of them can actually hinder progress or not give players credit for completing certain activities, so it’s best to take the steps outlined by Bungie below.
The biggest of the bugs is with the Nightfall Strikes, which have a new time limit and some very challenging modifiers. Although players are able to join fireteam members while they are in the middle of a Nightfall Strike, Bungie says that a bug may prevent that new player from earning credit for completing the activity. To avoid this problem, Bungie recommends waiting until the fireteam is fully formed before starting the Nightfall Strike. We would say that’s a good idea anyway, since any extra firepower to increase the time limit will help increase the chances of success.
There’s also a known bug with a player’s vault that prevents the first item to be transferred into their inventory. In order to grab any item that is in the first slot, like a shader for example, the player will need to change the sorting method, thus making taking the item out of the first slot.
Other known issues include a bug with the Sentinel Titan subclass that locks players into ADS after guarding, the armor perk Linear Actuators not functioning as intended, and a bug on Nessus that prevents players from completing activities if they fall of a cliff in the Caverns area. This last issue can be solved by going to Orbit and back down to Nessus.
Destiny 2 Known Issue List:
• Nessus: If players proceed to fall off of a cliff on Nessus in the Sunken Caverns area, their Ghost may be placed in an area that blocks progression of activities. Players may be required to return to orbit and relaunch the Destination.
• Skipping Cinematics: Non-Fireteam Leaders cannot skip in-game cinematics. Fireteam Leads must manually skip the cinematic if the Fireteam desires to.
• Linear Actuators: The functionality of this perk does not always trigger upon the correct requirements.
• Nightfall: Fireteam members who attempt to join a Nightfall Activity in progress will not always qualify for Activity completion. We recommend that all members be within the Fireteam when initially launching the activity.
• Emblems: The Lore Scholar emblem will only be awarded to players who have opened the Age of Triumph Record Book within Destiny 1 prior to August 1, 2017.
• Storage: The first item of Inventory categories cannot be played within the Vault. For example, if a player wishes to place the first Shader present within their inventory into the Vault, they will need to select an alternate sorting for the Shader to be moved from the first slot, then they may proceed to store the item within the Vault.
• Sentinel: If a player has swapped their Shoulder Buttons and is guarding when the Titan Sentinel Super ends, they will be temporarily suspended aiming down sights. To resolve the issue, players will need to tap their left bumper.
• Waypoints: Tracking a Vendor during an activity will not present a waypoint to players.
• Infusion: When an Exotic Weapon or Armor piece is equipped, eligible exotic items under the Infusion tab will be grayed out due to Exotic equipment limits. The item may still be infused as desired.
• Player Inspection: Destiny 2 Currencies, such as Glimmer or Bright Dust, will display as “0” when inspecting an alternate player.
• Roster: Adding or removing a friend on Xbox Live will temporarily remove all friends from the Director Roster on Xbox One.
Obviously, any bug with Destiny 2 is sure to be a big deal for the player affected, but in the grand scheme of things these don’t seem too game-breaking. We’ll keep you posted if Bungie reveals more issues with the game.
Destiny 2 is available now for PS4 and Xbox One, and releases October 24 for PC.