Earlier today, Destiny 2‘s servers were down for maintenance, as Bungie needed to inject the science fiction shooter with a hot fix that would provide some changes for the game. Now, the repairs have been completed, and the video game developer has decided to provide fans with a run down of all the tweaks and alterations that have been made to the title by releasing Update 188.8.131.52’s patch notes, which can be found in full at the end of the article.
Today’s hot fix for Destiny 2 can’t really be considered a major update in terms of new features or anything of that nature, with Bungie focusing on post-launch housekeeping for the most part. For instance, Update 184.108.40.206 dealt primarily with bug fixes, as it fixed an issue where clan Engrams were handed out with only 10 Power level, it rectified a problem involving the Veteran’s Transmat Effect, and it mended a situation in which the action button on Faction Rallies emblems displayed “Discard” instead of “Store.”
Furthermore, Destiny 2‘s Update 220.127.116.11 was able to fix the His Highness’s Seal Exotic quest step so that it now increments properly, thus making it easier to complete, while the weekly reset ought to no longer remove the Raid Milestone from some players. Plus, when it comes to the Crucible, Bungie has taken measures to prevent players from reaching areas they are not meant to, including the maps Eternity, Altar of Flame, Emperor’s Respite, Legion’s Gulch, Javelin-4, and The Dead Cliffs. Not to mention, the developer used the patch to add invisible physics to all stairs in The Dead Cliffs so that grenades will bounce properly on every set found in the map.
All things considered, while Destiny 2‘s Update 18.104.22.168 didn’t necessarily bring about any extremely exciting materials into the game, it’s good to see Bungie remaining diligent when it comes to keeping the title running as smoothly as possible. Naturally, not every problem in the game has been addressed yet, but the studio is sure to keep plugging away at any lingering issues and new complications as the science fiction shooter continues to evolve and becomes even better.
Destiny 2‘s Update 22.214.171.124 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue in which players could lose access to the Veteran’s Transmat Effect by deleting characters
- Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power
- Fixed an issue in which the action button on Faction Rallies emblems displayed Discard instead of Store
- Fixed an issue in which progress for the Exotic Quest Step “His Highness’s Seal” was not incrementing properly
- Fixed an issue in which raid milestones would not show for some players after the weekly reset (This didn’t affect any raid rewards)
- Fixed an issue in which players could enter a state where they are continuously killed if they finish a raid encounter at the exact moment of failure
- Added invisible physics and kill volumes to keep players inside the intended playable area on the following maps:
- Altar of Flame
- Emperor’s Respite
- Legion’s Gulch
- The Dead Cliffs
- Added invisible physics to all stairs in The Dead Cliffs to allow grenades to bounce properly
- Adjusted spawning system values to reduce the frequency of players respawning into dangerous situations on all maps
Destiny 2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and it releases on October 24, 2017 for PC.