November is typically a pretty big month for gamers, with this year seeing the likes of Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and Pokemon Sword & Shield hitting the market. There's little doubt some of the bigger releases this year will change hands around Christmas, but as far as releases go, the bigger AAA titles start to slow down. Of course, with the myriad of games slated for Spring 2020 and March 2020 being stacked with games in particular, it only slows down for a short time.
Slow, however, does not mean it crawls to a halt, as there is still plenty for gamers to invest in. There are a few releases as well as a number of events taking place over the next few weeks, so for those interested in what comes out next month, here's every major video game release and event coming December 2019.
December 2019 Video Game Releases
December is mostly filled with games launching on platforms that they hadn't appeared on yet. Blair Witch, for example, is coming to PS4, and Ancestors Humankind Odyssey is making its way to consoles. Perhaps the biggest thing launching this month is the first major Borderlands 3 DLC, Heist of the Handsome Jackpot.
- Blair Witch - Coming to PS4
- Halo Reach - Coming to PC via Master Chief Collection
- Life is Strange 2 Episode 5 - Coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One
- Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition - Coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One
- Phoenix Point - Coming to PC
- SaGa Scarlet Grace - Coming to mobile devices, Nintendo Switch, and PS4
- Skellboy - Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Terminator: Resistance - Coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One
- Alien Isolation - Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Darksiders Genesis - Coming to PC and Stadia
- Raging Loop - Coming to PC
- Star Ocean: First Departure R - Coming to Nintendo Switch and PS4
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey - Coming to PS4 and Xbox One
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Coming to PC
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - Coming to PC
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards DLC
- Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons DLC
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York. Coming to PC
- Detroit: Become Human - Coming to PC
- Project Sakura Wars - Coming to PC
- Wattam - Coming to PC and PS4
- Borderlands 3's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot DLC
- Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training - Coming to Nintendo Switch
December 2019 Gaming Events
Dreamhack Winter comes to an end on December 1, but there are plenty of events gamers should keep their eyes on over the next month. Perhaps the most prestigious is The Game Awards 2019, which is set to take place on December 12. Not only will several nominees be crowned, but there is likely to be a few major announcements. Batman: Arkham Legacy, for example, has been heavily rumored leading up to this event.
Pax Unplugged 2019 December 6-8 - Pax Unplugged offers family and kid-friendly entertainment for all things tabletop, including Dungeons & Dragons and the Pokemon TCG.
SAC Gamers Expo 2019 December 8 - SAC will host several gaming voice actors and YouTube personalities, as well as a couple of fighting game tournaments.
The Game Awards 2019 December 12 - Geoff Keighley's game awards ceremony continues to grow and grow, and while many will want to know what takes home the gold, the world premieres are nothing to scoff at. As of now, here is every rumored game announcement for The Game Awards 2019.
Dreamhack Sevilla December 13-15 - This is Dreamhack's second stop in Spain where it continues the tradition of being the world's largest digital festival.