The music genre has developed so much over the past couple of years, sometimes it’s easy to forget the good old days where dance gamers were played using plastic pads with arrow buttons. Harmonix’s Dance Central and the upcoming new and improved Dance Central 2 have blown Kinect owners away with full body motion detection – resulting in more realistic (and sometimes more awkward) dancing.
But don’t worry, Konami hasn’t forgotten its roots with the DDR franchise so it’s almost time to grab your Wii Remote and dust off your dance pad. Dance Dance Revolution 2, the next entry to the music genre from Konami, is set to debut on October 11th.
To whet your appetitie for exercise music, Konami released a partial song list dominated by pop music that transcends decades, ranging from girl groups from the 90s to singles from this past year. DDR2 is graced by the Biebs with flying rainbow arrows put to the beat of “Somebody To Love” and “Baby” featuring Ludacris.
Other notable songs from this compilation of masterpieces include “Beautiful Monster” by Ne-Yo and “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars. You can check out the partial Dance Dance Revolution 2 song list below and observe the unique variety for yourself:
- More Than Alive, The Ready Set
- Whip My Hair, Willow
- A Year Without Rain, Selena Gomez & The Scene
- Only Girl (In The World), Rihanna
- This Time I Know It’s For Real, Donna Summer
- Somebody To Love, Justin Bieber
- Baby ft. Ludacris, Justin Bieber
- Just The Way You Are, Bruno Mars
- Nothin’ On You (feat. Bruno Mars), B.o.B.
- Can’t Be Tamed, Miley Cyrus
- Don’t You Want Me, The Human League
- Just A Dream, Nelly
- Beautiful Monster, Ne-Yo
- Spice Up Your Life, Spice Girls
- IN MY HEAD, Jason DerÃ¼lo
- Candy Girl, New Edition
- Don’t Go, Yaz
- Strip Me, Natasha Bedingfield
- Rocket, Goldfrapp
- Still Unbreakable, Des-ROW Ft. Vanilla Ice
- Say a Prayer, Des-ROW with Maxi Priest
Konami really went all out to pull together a song list with a ton of popular artists – with Miley Cyrus, Bruno Mars, Spice Girls, and Vanilla Ice this is going to be quite the creative mash-up of North American stars. There is definitely not representation from any J-Pop Dance Dance Revolution songs that old school players would recognize. The music genre has definitely changed since the days when Dance Dance Revolution was first released but at least DDR still doesn’t require any new peripherals.
What do you think of the Dance Dance Revolution 2 song list so far? Is there enough Justin Bieber? Let us know in the comments.