In a little under three weeks, gamers everywhere are going to be hopping onto Call of Duty: Black Ops servers to check out all of the new and intricate maps Treyarch has created for them. While the sense of exploration that goes with a new multiplayer game is always fun, some gamers want to know ahead of time what they are getting themselves into. A few trailers for the game have given brief glimpses or even complete rundowns of the game’s maps, but now we have a complete list of the maps and a brief description for them.
- Array – Snow covered landscape. Good medium to long range fighting. Large size map.
- Cracked – Streets of Vietnam. Well balanced for Search and Destroy. Large size map
- Crisis – Cuban base. Epic indoor and outdoor battles. Medium size map.
- Firing Range – Military practice facility. Hectic Domination games. Small size map.
- Grid – Russian power grid. Plenty of tactical spots for fighting. Medium size map.
- Hanoi – NVA prison camp. Excellent for Headquarters matches. Medium size map.
- Havana – Cuban city. Filled with tactical street fights. Medium size map.
- Jungle – Jungle warfare. Great vertical gameplay. Large size map.
- Launch – Huge space launch facility. Perfect for any game mode. Medium size map.
- Nuketown – Nuclear testing grounds. Fast-paced action. Small size map.
- Radiation – Fully operating plant. Well balanced. Medium size map.
- Summit – Research facility on a snowy mountain. Fight from all angles. Medium size map.
- Villa – Urban estate. Good corridors for long range fights. Medium size map.
- WMD – An old Soviet base. Intense Capture the Flag matches. Medium size map.
Some of the maps, including Nuketown, Jungle, and Launch, are maps we’ve seen in early trailers, buthalf of the others we have been completely unaware of until now. There was always the knowledge that Summit was going to be the snow map in the game, but Array is a more straightforward map on level ground. Check out this GameStop commercial to get an even better look at Array:
It looks like the puzzle is almost complete. Every element of the multiplayer both new and old has now been detailed from the kill streaks to the new modes. The question now is whether Treyarch has more secrets in store for gamers? I would imagine the single player still holds some surprises, but we will have to wait and see.
What do you think of the maps for Black Ops? Which one do you see being your favorite to play on?
Call of Duty: Black Ops is set for release November 9th on the PS3, PC, Xbox 360, and Wii.
Source: Cod7BlackOps, CVG