The change in scenery appears to have done wonders for Call of Duty: WW2, as the game has already vaulted over the week one sales for last year's game and taken in over $500 million dollars in its first weekend. Even after such a hot start, the game does have a number of nagging issues that need to be ironed out, with the biggest arguably revolving around online connectivity. After a week of availability, Sledgehammer Games has finally released its first update on consoles for the popular shooter.
As expected, the first patch for Call of Duty: WW2 delivers a couple nerfs to the game. Players have found that using the Espionage Basic Training Skill was a fast and easy way to accumulate points in a match as simply damaging an enemy highlighted them for 10 seconds on the minimap for their team. The patch reduces that number to six seconds and will only highlight an enemy that is damaged by bullets.
A number of weapons have also been altered by this update as well. Top tier weapons like the BAR, FG42 rifle, and STG44 have all been nerfed in order to bring them back in line with the other available weapons. The Walther Toggle Action had its damage output increased, and the Bren LMG also had its damage increased per shot.
Other changes in update 1.05 bring a number of fixes to the online connectivity and server optimization, which is an issue that has plagued the game since launch, even forcing the developer to limit the number of people joining the Headquarters social space. Loading screen related problems such as the infinite loading screen glitch have also been addressed, and Sledgehammer has even optimized the process which should make the experience a little smoother overall.
COD: WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES:
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Fixed de-ranking issues
- Addressed an issue where players encountered an infinite load screen
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Loading optimizations
- Splitscreen functionality improvements
- Added new unlock inventory stars to indicate when new items are added
- Adjusted hit marker audio to be higher default level (note: can be adjusted in settings)
- Fixed out of world exploits on Gustav Cannon and Sainte Marie du Mont
- Espionage Basic Training - Reduced painted time from 10 seconds to 6. Made it so only bullet damage paints you.
- Weapon tuning to allow for one shot kills outside of hardcore mode, enabling challenge completion.
- Fixed infinite flamethrower bug
- XP Earn rate tuned in Operation Neptune
- Fix issue of shotgun variants not appearing
- Emblem Editor and visualization improvements
- GameBattles Improvements
- Fixed Gridiron Ball exploits
COD: WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON TUNING UPDATES:
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun - Damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG - Increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod - Sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
- BAR Rifle - decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle - widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle - increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol - decreased damage ranges
SNIPER CLASS - Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights.
COD: WWII NAZI ZOMBIES UPDATES:
- Zombie Map Exploit Fix - clipping into a zombie spawn closet using revive mechanic in Laboratory
- Fixed Klaus pathing
- Fixed out of world exploit - The Final Reich
Call of Duty: WW2 is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Source: Sledgehammer Games