With the PlayStation 4 exclusive Private Beta for Call of Duty: WW2 coming up at the end of August, Sledgehammer Games has shared some details on what fans can expect. Specifically Sledgehammer is detailing Call of Duty: WW2‘s Divisions system, which is the shooter’s new approach to the create-a-class system. Five different divisions will be available in Call of Duty: WW2, each with its own unique traits, and all five will be available to play in the PlayStation 4’s Private Beta.
It’s not clarified yet as to whether all Divisions will be available immediately or if players will have to unlock other divisions through progression, but once a Division is available players can switch Divisions mid-match. After joining a Division, players will have a Division Skill and Division Training that cannot be changed. The Skill is an exclusive ability, while Training is a Perk that can be leveled within the Division.
Note that while Divisions do provide default traits to a class, there are still elements of customization in the game. Players can still choose their weapons, they can choose weapon attachments, and choose a perk that’s been rebranded Basic Training. There’s some lack of clarification regarding just how much customization is within a class, but at least some customization is confirmed and the beta should make those details immediately clear.
The five Divisions in Call of Duty: WW2 are: Armored Division, Mountain Division, Airborne Division, Expeditionary Division, and Infantry Division. Each has their own unique Division Skill and Division Training, which increase in strength by playing in that division. For instance, the Infantry Division’s Training provides an extra primary attachment at rank 1, but at rank 3 provides two primary attachments and a secondary attachment.
Here are all five Call of Duty: WW2 Divisions with their Division Skills and Division Trainings:
- Armored Division – Heavy firepower Division with emphasis on anti-armor weaponry.
- Division Skill – LMG Bipod III: Protect territory by mounting your machinegun on ledges or while prone for less recoil
- Division Training – Armored III: Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment. Take less fire damage. Take less explosives damage.
- Mountain Division – Stealth Division with emphasis on obsfucation and sharpshooting.
- Division Skill – Sniper Sharpshooter III: Block out your surroundings and in return acquire aim assist and enemy names while holding breath.
- Division Training – Mountain III: Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft while moving. Hidden to player-controlled Streaks. Quieter Movement.
- Airborne Division – Frontline Division with emphasis on taking and holding positions.
- Division Skill – SMG Suppressor III: Hides muzzle flash and prevents gunfire from appearing on enemy mini-maps, but reduces range of weapon.
- Division Training – Airborne III: Sprint for longer distances. Climb over obstacles faster. Increased sprint speed.
- Expeditionary Division – Tactical Division with emphasis on infiltration, explosives, and close-quarters firepower.
- Division Skill – Shotgun Incendiary Shells III: Shotgun shells that spark flames that burn enemies.
- Division Training – Expeditionary III: Select a piece of Tactical and Lethal Equipment. Throw equipment faster, farther & while sprinting. Resupply equipment from killed enemies.
- Infantry Division – All-around Division with emphasis on marksmanship
- Division Skill – Rifle Bayonet III: Special training on the use of the bayonet makes Infantry riflemen a threat at all ranges.
- Division Training – Infantry III: Additional attachment on Primary Weapon. Extra magazines. Move faster while aiming down sights.
As mentioned, all five Divisions will be available for players to try out in the PlayStation 4 Private Beta, along with their unique Skills and Training. As for what weapons and Basic Training perks will be available, expect more information in the coming weeks.
Call of Duty: WW2 launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC starting November 3. The PlayStation 4 Private Beta runs from August 25 through August 28 and requires a code given out with pre-order.