Call of Duty: Black Ops has only been out in the wild for a couple days now, but unfortunately many reports are surfacing of problems on several gaming platforms — most notably the PS3 and PC. Treyarch has been hard at work to correct gamers’ issues and have since released two patches for the PC version that should address some key frame rate hiccups.
While many of the problems can be attributed to PC gamers running Black Ops at 100% there are still some graphical hiccups that can easily be fixed via patch. Here’s a rundown of what issues have currently been corrected and which are in the process of being fixed:
- GameServers.com has bumped sv_maxrate to 25000 across all servers to reduce lag.
- GameServers.com continues to improve official server distribution in various worldwide regions.
- Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser.
- Performance improvement for dual and quad core.
- Improved connectivity with Black Ops Recon tool.
- GPU hitching on certain graphics cards.
- Incomplete server browser results.
- Improvements to Quickmatch joins (results with better ping and reduced lag).
- Zombies "The game session is no longer available" error.
There has been no word on whether or not the PS3 version has a patch in the works, but it wouldn’t be surprising if an update doesn’t hit sometime next week. With a game that has the type of dynamic multiplayer that Black Ops does, you can’t expect the game to be without problems. The fact that Treyarch is working hard to improve Black Ops proves that not only do they care about the product they are putting out, but also about the experience of the gamer. Which is always a good thing.
PC gamers are still reporting frame rate issues post-patch while others have noted improvement since downloading, so don't be surprised if the patch doesn't correct your particular problem. As always Game Rant will keep you posted on further patches to the game on all platforms.
PC Black Ops players out there, are you noticing an improvement since downloading the patch? What other issues have you been encountering that you would like fixed?
Call of Duty: Black Ops is available now for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.
Source: Call of Duty Official Site