As the time draws closer to the release of the Treyarch blockbuster Call of Duty: Black Ops more and more has been revealed. We've seen multiplayer maps, the return of Prestige and now the killstreak rewards earned in multiplayer. Treyarch has just provided a list of the tools of destruction at gamers' disposal in this entry in the Call of Duty franchise.
Killstreak rewards (w/ required kills) include the following:
- Spy Plane (3) - Shows enemies on mini-map.
- RC-XD (3) - Remote controlled car strapped with explosives (destructible w/ time limit).
- Counter-Spy Plane (4) - Temporarily disables enemy mini-map.
- SAM Turret (4) - Airdrop a placeable SAM turret that destroys aircraft.
- Care Package (5) - Airdrop a random killstreak, Special Weapon, or ammo crate.
- Napalm Strike (5) - Airstrike that covers an area in fire which burns for a set period of time.
- Sentry Gun (6) - Airdrop a placeable Sentry Gun.
- Mortar Team (6) - Targets three locations to bombard with Mortar Strikes.
- Attack Helicopter (7) - Call in a Cobra attack helicopter (Non-flyable and destructible)
- Valkyrie Rockets (7) - Launcher with two remote controlled rockets.
- Blackbird (8) - Call in an SR-71 Blackbird recon plane revealing enemies and their direction on the mini-map (not destructible).
- Rolling Thunder (8) - Call in a B-52 Carpet Bombing.
- Chopper Gunner (9) - Control of a door-mounted minigun from inside a Huey helicopter (destructible).
- Attack Dogs (11) - Call in a pack of vicious attack dogs.
- Gunship (11) - Pilot a Hind attack helicopter (destructible). The pilot has rockets and a machine gun.
Black Ops will feature the same customizable killstreak reward system as was in Modern Warfare 2. However, this time around at level 10 all killstreak rewards will be available for purchase by way of 'CoD Points'.
Noticeably absent from the list is the infamous Tactical Nuke, which ended matches with the press of a button. Gamers will appreciate not having to worry about some superhuman racking up 25 kills and ending the game early.The new editions like the RC-XD car and the Napalm Strike are sure to add alot of spice to multiplayer sessions. The single-player campaign won't be the only place where you will have to be weary of the sound of dogs. At the 11 kill mark, gamers can call in the canines to attack their enemies.
What are your favorite killstreaks, Ranters? Are there any that you don't see from Modern Warfare 2 that you'd like to be included?
The release of Black Ops is rapidly approaching and fans are ready to tear into its multiplayer. On November 9th, 2010, Call of Duty: Black Ops shoots its way on to the market on the Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and Wii.