Since the Borderlands 3 release date arrived last month, Gearbox Software has launched several BL3 patches and hotfixes that have made a number of adjustments to the game. Last week, for instance, the Borderlands 3 October 3 patch looked to tune FL4K, Moze the Gunner, and more, and now the developer is back with yet another BL3 hotfix. The Borderlands 3 October 10 patch is scheduled to go live before 3pm PDT today, and it is bringing many changes to this new looter shooter.
A large portion of the Borderlands 3 October 10 hotfix focuses around the game's Vault Hunters, and all four are receiving adjustments. First up is Amara the Siren whose Phasegrasp ability is getting a reasonable buff, with its range being doubled and its cooldown being "instantly returned" when a player misses with the ability. Additionally, Amara's Alacrity perk is being fixed and will now grant additional reload speed bonuses each rank.
For Moze the Gunner, the developer has adjusted the Bloodletter legendary class mod, increasing the delay and decreasing the recharge rate of the shield. This may put an end to the Borderlands 3 one-shot glitch, and Gearbox has also dialed back the previous nerf to Moze's Means of Destruction, which will now have a re-trigger delay of 0.3 seconds. Furthermore, Gearbox has indicated that it will address the "infinite grenade bug" in a future patch.
As with Moze, Gearbox has decided to roll back a previous nerf to FL4K the Beastmaster in Borderlands 3, and the re-trigger delay on Leave No Trace will be set at 0.3 seconds. Additionally, FL4K's Anointed skill is receiving a buff, as hitting a target with Rakks will now grant 100% increased damage rather than 50%.
Finally, Zane the Operative is getting a fix that will allow Death Follows Close to "correctly update several kill skills" when it has been unlocked. He is also receiving a buff to his Anointed skill, and swapping positions with a Digi-Clone will now increase damage by 130% rather than 75%.
Beyond the changes to the Borderlands 3 Vault Hunters, the BL3 October 10 hotfix buffs several weapons, increasing damage on guns like Creeping Death, Carrier, and Gunerang. On the other side, the zooms on sniper rifles have been slightly reduced, as have the zooms on the long scopes on Jakobs, Children of the Vault, and DAHL assault rifles.
To close, the BL3 October 10 patch has made a few bug fixes as well. This includes a fix that will make Pain, Terror, and Borderlands 3's Agonizer 9000 more likely to drop "higher quality loot," and one that should prevent low level enemies from spawning near the end of the campaign. For those that are interested in seeing the full Borderlands 3 October 10 patch notes, they are as follows:
Vault Hunter Adjustments
We addressed a concern that Alacrity was only rewarding players one point worth of bonuses even if the player put in more than one point. In addition, we wanted Phasegrasp to be more accessible to all weapon types and play styles, so we doubled the range to grasp an enemy.
- Putting points into Alacrity now awards a reload speed bonus per rank
- Phasegrasp can now be used on targets further away and the cooldown is now instantly returned if a player misses
The Bloodletter class mod was creating some overwhelming synergies for Moze so we increased the delay and decreased the recharge rate of the shield to compensate. This should help encourage the intended use of this class mod, which is to heal shields manually, not automatically. Means of Destruction ’s re-trigger delay was adjusted again because the change limited other builds beyond creating infinite grenades. The infinite grenade bug will be addressed in a future patch but we wanted to enable other builds that use Means of Destruction so we dramatically reduced the re-trigger delay to a reasonable number.
- Bloodletter Class Mod
- Increased the Recharge Delay by 150%
- Reduced the Recharge Rate by 50%
- Addressed a reported bug with Close the Distance so the Action Skill Augment will now deal the intended Shock Damage
- Means of Destruction now has a re-trigger delay of 0.3 seconds
The Leave No Trace change last week to FL4K was to forcefully inject the functionality of a cooldown into the ability. However, the value that was added was never the intended the value. We dramatically lowered it to retain the promise of the ability but with a cooldown that still allows players to gain ammo without dramatically removing a core aspect of a weapon’s gameplay loop.
- Leave No Trace now has a re-trigger delay set to 0.3 seconds
Death Follows Close will correctly update several kill skills after unlocking this ability
- The Lob’s projectile tick damage is now 60% of base damage (up from 20%) and projectile speed decelerates faster to increase chances of hitting the same target multiple times
- Creeping Death damage increased by 200%
- Carrier damage increased by 60%
- Gunerang damage increased by 20%
- All Sniper Rifle Zoom Levels have been slightly reduced
- Long scopes on Jakobs, Children of the Vault, and DAHL Assault Rifles have also been slightly reduced
- Anointed Parts:
- When Zane swaps positions with his Digi-Clone, the damage gained is increased to 130% (up from 75%)
- When FL4K hits a target with Rakks, the target now takes 100% increased damage (up from 50%)
- The Anointed part “Increased damage vs Badasses” no longer heals the player and now correctly adds bonus damage to Badass enemies
- Pain, Terror, and Agonizer 9000 have been adjusted to have an increased chance to drop higher quality loot
- Addressed a reported bug with Dynasty Diner that could potentially halt mission progress for some players
- Addressed a reported concern that some players fell through the floors in various boss arenas
- Modified enemy spawn level discrepancies reported in the later parts of the campaign
- We noticed that some enemies were spawning at lower levels than expected in the later parts of the campaign. Players should no longer see enemies that are dramatically lower levels than other nearby enemies in certain areas.
Borderlands 3 is out now for PC, PS4, and Xbox One, with a Stadia version also in development.
Source: Gearbox Software