Borderlands 3 has been out for nearly a week at this point, but the game has had some technical problems since launch and some missing features, like the lack of vertical split-screen. Gearbox Software has since released a hot fix to address some of the lingering issues with the game, as well as make some balance changes, but it may not be quite as substantial as some would have hoped.
The Borderlands 3 hot fix should be automatically applied once players boot up the game next. It fixes a problem where the first Guardian players would fight in the "Beneath the Meridian" mission was overpowered, and it also fixes an invisible Eridian chest in the Jakob's Estate area.
The Borderlands 3 hot fix also makes some balance changes. For example, players will no longer be able to farm for Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy as effectively as before, and the loot drops in Mayhem Mode have been nerfed. Damage for certain weapons have reduced, and loot from the Chupacabratch has been nerfed as well. Loot Tinks will spawn less frequently in the Mansion, and the Troy boss fight has been tweaked to remove "pain-sounds."
Overall, the Borderlands 3 hot fix seems like it will not be hugely popular with fans. It is essentially making it more difficult to get loot, making some weapons less powerful, and completely ignores the game's most glaring problems.
The console versions of Borderlands 3 have some serious technical issues that have been holding them back. Namely, Borderlands 3 has split-screen lag, stuttering, crashing, and other problems that are not addressed by this hot fix. There have also been reports that Borderlands 3 causes Xbox One X consoles to overheat, which is something else not addressed by this hot fix or even mentioned at all.
Gearbox has acknowledged that the Borderlands 3 hot fix doesn't address "issues that the community is immediately concerned with." It says that it is still working on those fixes, which will likely come in the form of a more substantial patch.
In the meantime, here are the full Borderlands 3 hot fix notes:
- Yellow paint has been added to Ambermire to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.
- The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the "Space-Laser Tag" Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The New-U Station in front of Titian's Gate (used during the "Atlas, At Last" Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The first Guardian a player runs into during the "Beneath the Meridian" mission is no longer over-leveled.
- The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob's Estate is no longer invisible.
- Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
- Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.
- Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.
- Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from "flesh off your bones" to "a lot".
- Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
- Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They're special again.
- Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.
Borderlands 3 is out now for PC, PS4, and Xbox One, with a Stadia version also in development.
Source: Gearbox Software