October marks the 10th anniversary of the Borderlands franchise, and Gearbox is celebrating with a five-week long event in Borderlands 3. Each week will bring with it a different theme for Borderlands 3 players to enjoy, with the first week of festivities live right now.
The first week of the Borderlands 3 anniversary event is called Bonus Boss Loot. As its name implies, Borderlands 3 players can get bonus loot drops from bosses this week, giving fans of the game a great opportunity to expand their arsenal of legendary weapons.
Here are all the bosses Borderlands 3 players can face off against during the Bonus Boss Loot week, and the legendary loot that they have a chance at dropping. While Borderlands 3 players are farming these bosses for the Bonus Boss Loot-specific weapon, they can also try to snag some of the best Borderlands 3 boss drops in the process. This should make farming bosses in Borderlands 3 much more rewarding this week.
- Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
- KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
- Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
- Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
- Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
- Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o-the-Wisp
- Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
- GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
- Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
- Pain and Terror have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
- Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
- Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch
Future weeks for the Borderlands 3 anniversary event will include Rare Spawn Hunt for Week 2, Show Me the Eridium for Week 3, Mayhem on Twitch for Week 4, and Spooky Surprise for Week 5. Presumably, Rare Spawn Hunt will see rarer enemies spawn more frequently, and Show Me the Eridium will let Borderlands 3 players greatly increase their stash of Eridium in the game. It's more difficult to say what Weeks 4 and 5 will entail exactly, but we'll find out sooner rather than later.
In the meantime, the Borderlands 3 anniversary event isn't the only event that will be in the game this month. The Bloody Harvest event will also be live in Borderlands 3 in October, giving players the chance to participate in some Halloween-themed activities.
In the future, fans can expect even more Borderlands 3 events like these, plus more substantial DLC as well. We know that the first DLC story episode is expected to launch later this year as part of the Borderlands 3 season pass. More details on that should come to light in the coming weeks, perhaps once the Borderlands 3 October events wrap up.
Borderlands 3 is out now for PC, PS4, and Xbox One, with a Stadia version also in development.