There’s still a lot for players to do within the unforgiving world of Bloodborne – be it finishing the game, exploring the Chalice Dungeons and other optional areas, or messing around with glitches. Yet even after completing all that, there will still be more game to come, as a DLC expansion is in the works that will surely up the challenge to a terrifying degree.
Until then, however, it’s just the base game to keep the inhabitants of Yharnam occupied, though that isn’t to say change won’t come before then. Admittedly, patches and updates don’t sound nearly as dramatic as new content for Bloodborne, but maybe it’s better that way. At least, for now.
Since the game’s release in March, From Software has put out a few patches that addressed various bugs, and the lengthy loading times, however, the latest patch for the game isn’t here simply to clean up any lingering problems, but also to tweak the game a bit. It won’t make the adventure easier by any means, but makes it a bit more balanced.
Co-Op players, Chalice Dungeon explores, and users of the Arcane will see the most benefit from Patch 1.04, as most of the patch notes mention those very things. Fans of the PS4’s Suspend/Resume feature may also be happy to know they will no longer be disconnected from online mode after resuming their session. This is a welcome change, since being unable to pick up where you left of kinda defeats the purpose of the feature.
There isn’t an official English version of the notes yet, for one reason or another, but DualShockers took to translating the notes on their own (see below), lest any Hunters out there decide to install the patch without knowing what’s what. Hopefully today’s tweaks don’t affect any of the previous fixes, or add new ones.
Aside from the usual “additional tweaks and bug fixes,” Patch 1.04 also includes:
- Adjusted the strength of some enemies in some areas in new game plus.
- Adjusted the resistance and vulnerability of some enemies to bolt and arcane attacks.
- Increased the duration of the effect of Tiny Tonitrus. Increased attack force. Attack force with low arcane will be higher.
- Increased the duration of the effect of Augur of Ebrietas. Attack force with low arcane will be higher.
- Reduced the Quicksilver Bullet cost for use of A Call Beyond.
- Reduced the Quicksilver Bullet cost for use of Choir Bell.
- Different depths of Chalice Dungeons will now drop different Blood Stones
- Depth 1: Blood Stone Shard
- Depth 2: Twin Blood Stone Shard
- Depth 3: Twin Blood Stone Shard and Blood Stone Chunk (Rare)
- Depth 4: Blood Stone Chunk
- Depth 5: Blood Stone Chunk and Blood Rock (Rare)
- Increased the level of Blood Gems available in Depth 1-3 Dungeons.
- Increased the amount of Blood Echoes dropped in Chalice Dungeons.
- Co-op partners joining a cursed dungeon will only see their HP reduced by 50%, and not by 65% as it was before.
- When starting co-op in a chalice dungeon, you will now spawn in the lantern room.
How many of you are still fighting (and dying) your way through Bloodborne? A decent amount of people decided to check the game out when it debuted, making it one of the top PS4 games in March, so hopefully it still has a thriving community. And one that will be patient enough for the expansion to come out.