Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has given fans a quick layout of some of the perks available to players in the new Blackout Battle Royale mode.
Anyone following Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will know that the game is attempting to join the Battle Royale craze by including a new mode called Blackout BR, which, for better or worse, was added in favor of a traditional campaign mode. Now that the title is just short of a month until its release, an in-depth preview of the mode was featured in the latest issue of GameInformer.
Blackout BR will include perks for players to utilize in order to get an edge on their opponents. According to the magazine, these perks will only last for a set amount of time and are considered “consumables”.
- Paranoia: Gives an audio alert when you’re targeted by an enemy
- Skulker: Move faster while crouched and prone
- Stimulant: Increases max health by 100 points
- Outlander: Reduced damage from circle. Increased speed while taking damage from circle.
- Looter: Reveal nearby stashes and items
- Iron Lungs: Hold your breath longer while shooting sniper rifles or diving underwater
- Consumer: Reduces times it takes to use items, heal, or revive teammates by 20%.
Those who pre-ordered Black Ops 4 have the opportunity to check out the Battle Royale mode ahead of the game’s release through the Blackout beta that is scheduled to begin this week.
PlayStation 4 users will receive access first, kicking things off tomorrow, September 10th, while Xbox One users will need to wait a few more days, until September 14th. PC players will join the fray a day later on the 15th. Because the beta ends on the 17th, PS4 players have the benefit of an entire weeks worth of playtime.
To see the new mode in action, check out the Blackout BR trailer that was released earlier this week. The trailer provides a good look at several of the maps players will be able to fight through, as well as a few of the mode’s features, such as a cymbal monkey bomb, interesting skins, and, of course, zombies.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 releases October 12 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.