Treyarch has issued an official patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, including a variety of stability fixes for PC players. The highlight of the update is battle royale Blackout's Duos mode having its player count ramped up from 88 players to 100, similar to the beta. In trade, however, Treyarch is knocking the player count in Quads down from 100 to 88.
Outside of Blackout, there is a fix for Zombies that occurs during split screen. Multiplayer has a few more meaningful changes, with the TDM playlist now supporting parties of 6 instead of 5 and custom Search and Destroy games now correctly ending after one team wins 6 rounds instead of 7. Features playlist tiles for both Blackout and Multiplayer have also changed today, with the new featured playlist for multiplayer updated to Heist. Treyarch says it will further detail how featured playlists will work in Black Ops 4 soon.
The final core part of today's Black Ops 4 update is for the PC version of the game only. Most of the changes focus on optimizations and crash fixes, of which there are many. Other changes include fixing Hellhound AI in Zombies and fixing the "Object View Distance" setting so that it actually works on High.
For the time being, Treyarch is continuing to track and work to solve several issues that didn't make the deadline for today's update:
- Zombies Easter Egg Quests
- We’re aware of some instability issues currently affecting the Easter Egg quests, and will address these in a major update coming soon. Thanks for your patience.
- We’ve seen some reports of audio volumes in Multiplayer not sounding quite as expected, particularly with footsteps. We’ve passed these onto the appropriate teams for evaluation. In the meantime, please be sure to try out the different custom presets in our Audio settings under Options on consoles to find a mix that works best for you.
- PC players will currently crash when equipping a weapon camo and Fast Lock attachment on the Hellion Salvo launcher. We’re fixing this in an upcoming update – in the meantime, please avoid using this camo/Attachment combination on the Hellion Salvo to prevent crashing.
- Some players are reportedly seeing their teammates’ player names disappearing temporarily during MP matches, making it difficult to tell friend from foe. We’re investigating this as well.
- We’re aware some users are still having trouble accessing their Shadowman and Classified content consistently on Xbox One, even after manually downloading the items. We’re continuing to investigate to see what can be done on our end to solve this.
These five issues are likely just the priorities for Treyarch at the moment, so even if a known issue isn't listed here, that doesn't mean that Treyarch isn't working on it. For example, there are reports that Blackout is having similar audio issues as Multiplayer, but Multiplayer is likely the team's focus due to it being the core competitive mode for Black Ops 4.
To see substantial updates for Black Ops 4 releasing so quickly after launch, as well as promises of further updates being communicated by Treyarch, should be a positive signal for players.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is available now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.Here's Why #SonicIsOverParty is Trending on Twitter
Leave A Comment