Last week, giant retailer Target released its Black Friday Ad giving gamers a sneak peek of what gaming deals to expect on the holiday. As expected, Target's Black Friday deals offer amazing discounts on console bundles, several big titles released this year, and a wide assortment of gaming accessories.
Now, we round up the best deals from Target's Black Friday ad to help players decide on deals they're interested in and help them prepare their shopping lists for Black Friday at the end of the month. Target's Black Friday sale begins on November 28 at 5 PM. NOTE: Deals and prices listed below will go live on November 28 until November 30.
DISCLAIMER: Prices indicated in this article are from Target's official Black Friday ad, which won't go live until November 28. Please bookmark this post for later use.
As many predicted, console manufacturers such as Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are mostly offering bundles of its respective consoles for Black Friday. Target is offering the PlayStation 4 Slim for only $200, and this console is bundled with three awesome PS4 games. On the other hand, Microsoft offers newer games bundled with the Xbox One such as Gears 5 and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (releasing on November 15). To no surprise at all, Nintendo didn't really introduce any price reduction for the Switch, but purchasing the console from Target would give players a free copy of Mario Kart 8.
- PS4 Slim (1TB) God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition, and The Last of Us Remastered Bundle - $200 ($300)
- Xbox One S (1TB) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bundle with $40 Target Gift Card - $200 ($300)
- Xbox One X (1TB) Gears 5 Bundle with $40 Target Gift Card - $200 ($300)
- Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Bundle - $300
Video Games Deals
As far as actual video games are concerned, Target will be offering a pretty decent variety of games for Black Friday. Headlining the list is Borderlands 3 for $35, which released last September. Given the massive success, the game has seen immediately after its release, talks about a movie adaptation surfaced online and Borderlands fans shared their casting picks for the movie adaptation.
Other games offered by Target include Call of Duty: Modern Warfare ($45), Control ($25), and Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and Lion King ($15). Several first-party Nintendo games are also available such as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ($30), and Super Mario Odyssey ($30). It remains to be seen whether more recently released games such as The Outer Worlds and Death Stranding will see price reductions on Black Friday. However, given that those games are barely a month old during the holiday, it is unlikely that they will be offered at a discount, aside from being part of a console bundle.
- Borderlands 3 (PS4 | Xbox One) - $35
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS4 | Xbox One) -$45
- Control (PS4 | Xbox One) - $25
- Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and Lion King (PS4 | Xbox One | Switch) - $15
- Resident Evil 2 (PS4 | Xbox One) - $15
- Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4 | Xbox One) - $15
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition (PS4 | Xbox One) - $15
- Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4 | Xbox One) - $15
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Switch) - $15
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (Switch) - $15
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - $30
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) - $15
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch) - $25
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) - $30
Video Game Accessories
Lastly, Target is also offering good deals for several gaming accessories. The PSVR will be available for only $200, and this one comes with 5 games included. Another PSVR bundle will also be available for $50 more and will include a camera, 2 move controllers, and a couple of games.
Several DualShock 4 controllers will also be available for only $40 for the standard colors. It is currently unclear whether Target will offer deals on Sony's new line of DualShock 4, but it is unlikely given that these new colors just came out last month. The Xbox Wireless Controllers will also be available for $40 for the standard colors, and surprisingly, players can get Switch Joy-Cons for only $60 as opposed to its regular price of $80.
- PSVR Bundle with Camera and Five Games - $200 ($300)
- PSVR with Camera, 2 Move Controller, and Everybody's Golf / Blood & Truth - $250 ($300)
- DualShock 4 Wireless Controller - $40 ($60)
- Xbox Wireless Controller - $40 ($60)
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons - $60 ($80)
Although most of the deals listed above are not live yet, these would serve as a guide for shoppers to know what to expect in preparation for Black Friday 2019. Apart from Target, retailer Best Buy has also released its ad for the upcoming holiday with similar deals on everything gaming. In terms of consoles, Best Buy is pretty much offering the same deals as Target.
As Black Friday draws near, how can shoppers get the best deals possible? Well, one thing they can do is to prepare a shopping list days before Black Friday and browse through all the released ads to have an idea of the average prices of games during the holiday. Given that we're expecting a wide variety of Black Friday deals, players are advised to prepare ahead, know what they need to buy, and avoid being distracted by deals that have no real value.