With the announcement of Fallout 4, Bethesda’s presence at E3 is now probably the most highly anticipated conference to take place during the event. Fans can’t wait to learn more about the game they’ve been anticipating since Fallout 3‘s launch in 2008, and so all eyes will be on Bethesda and its very first E3 press conference.
Bethesda is truly going all out at this year’s E3, hoping to make a lasting first impression. Not only are they bringing the heavy hitting games such as Fallout 4 and the reboot of what is perhaps gaming’s most iconic FPS, DOOM, but they’ve also tapped Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb, formerly of G4’s X-Play, to host their pre and post shows.
While the meat of their E3 content will be featured during the actual press conference itself on June 14th, E3 is a week long event, and Bethesda plans to have a presence throughout the entire week. They’ve now released an outline of what fans can expect if they visit the Bethesda booth on the show floor during E3 week, which can be found right here (all times are PDT):
Tuesday, June 16th
- 1pm – DOOM preview with id Software art director Hugo Martin and executive producer Marty Stratton.
- 2:30pm – Fallout 4 interview with game director Todd Howard.
Wednesday, June 17th
- 11:00am – DOOM roundtable discussion with general manager Garrett Young, Hugo Martin, Marty Stratton, and chief technical officer Robert Duffy.
- 1:00pm – Fallout 4 discussion panel with lead designer Emil Pagliarulo, lead producer Jeff Gardiner, lead artist Ivan Pely, and Todd Howard.
- 4:00pm – Battlecry preview with design director Lucas Davis and executive producer Rich Vogel.
Thursday, June 18th
- 11:00am – DOOM interview with Marty Stratton about the DOOM community.
- 1:00pm – Bethesda recaps E3 and talks about the company’s future.
- 3:00pm – A look at the character classes in Battlecry with Lucas Davis, Rich Vogel, and visual design director Victor Antonov.
Unfortunately, Bethesda has yet to announce if any of these panels or interviews will be live streamed. It’s hard to imagine that they wouldn’t be in this day and age, but lack of official confirmation is still worrisome.
In any case, judging by the content Bethesda is planning to host during E3 week, it is clear that its E3 presence will be dominated by three games, those being Fallout 4, DOOM, and the online free-to-play multiplayer game Battlecry. However, will there still be surprises in store for fans?
Chances are that Bethesda does indeed plan on making a surprise announcement or two either during its conference or in the midst of one of these panels. There are rumors that Dishonored 2 could make an appearance in the form of a teaser trailer. Plus there’s also the situation of Arkane Studios (the same developers of the Dishonored games) may have been working on the long awaited Prey 2 from scratch, hoping to make the game a spiritual successor to, of all things, System Shock 2. It is possible that Bethesda could pull a fast one and show off at least one, if not both, of these titles in the form of a teaser trailer during E3. Still, we won’t hold our breath even.
Bethesda’s E3 press conference takes place on Sunday, June 14th at 7pm PDT. Bethesda will continue to have a presence throughout the week with the aforementioned panels, where even more news about their upcoming games such as Fallout 4 and DOOM will surely be revealed.
Source: Game Informer