Following fast on the heals of news that Batman: Arkham City might actually feature a fourth playable character (in addition to Batman, Catwoman, and Robin), the official list of achievements for the title has leaked online. The Batman: Arkham City achievement list (or trophy list, if you’re a PS3 gamer) also, and unsurprisingly, offers-up a few clarifications on prior speculation – as well as details on the highly anticipated game’s story.
Before we lay-out the list (which contains vague, but nonetheless mild, spoilers), less spoilery achievements include confirmation of the New Game Plus mode (“Twice Nightly – Complete New Game Plus”) as well as Calendar Man-related content (“Story Teller – Have 12 murderous dates with Calendar Man”) – not to mention possible corroboration of the oft rumored multiplayer component (“Catch – Find someone to play remote Batarang catch with”).
As we’ve previously warned, pre-release details (such as achievement lists), can contain MILD to MEDIUM SPOILERS for Batman: Arkham City. If you are attempting to avoid spoilers altogether for the game, please be advised to turn away now — you have been WARNED.
Check out the full list of Batman: Arkham City achievements/trophies below:
- I’m Batman (10) – Become the Bat
- Acid Bath (10) – Save the damsel, but is she in distress?
- Savior (10) – Save the medical volunteers
- Chimney Sweep (10) – There is only one way in
- One Armed Bandit (10) – Hammer the point home
- Communication Breakdown (10) – Clear the airwaves
- Gladiator (10) – Last man standing
- Wrecking Ball (25) – Stop the unstoppable
- Lost And Found (10) – Uncover the secret of Arkham City
- Sand Storm (25) – We are legion
- Hide And Seek (25) – A deadly game of hide and seek
- Ghost Train (25) – Fight for survival
- Freefall (25) – Don’t look down
- Exit Stage Right (50) – All the world is a stage
- Forensic Expert (10) – Collect enough evidence to locate the gun for hire
- Contract Terminated (25) – Stop the contract operative
- Serial Killer (25) – Track down the serial killer
- Mystery Stalker (15) – Reveal the mystery watcher
- Distress Flare (5) – Answer the call for help
- Broken Toys (25) – Destroy it all
- Ring Ring (5) – Answer a ringing phone
- Dial Z For Murder (25) – Stop the phone booth killer
- Stop the Clock (15) – Time is running out
- Bargaining Chip (15) – Reunite the separated couple
- AR Knight (25) – Complete all augmented reality training exercises
- Fully Loaded (10) – Collect all of Batman’s gadgets and upgrades
- Aggravated Assault (10) – Stop all assaults in Arkham City
- IQ Test (10) – Solve the first riddle
- Conundrum (20) – Rescue the first hostage from Riddler
- Mastermind (20) – Rescue the second hostage from Riddler
- Puzzler (30) – Rescue the third hostage from Riddler
- Intellectual (30) – Rescue the fourth hostage from Riddler
- Brainteaser (40) – Rescue the fifth hostage from Riddler
- Genius (50) – Rescue all the hostages from Riddler
- Bronze Revenge (10) – Obtain 24 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman)
- Silver Revenge (20) – Obtain 48 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman)
- Gold Revenge (40) – Obtain all 72 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman)
- Campaign Bronze (10) – Obtain 24 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman)
- Campaign Silver (20) – Obtain 72 medals on the original Arkham City campaigns (as Batman)
- Campaign Gold (40) – Obtain all 108 medals on the original Arkham City campaigns (as Batman)
- Flawless Freeflow Fighter 2.0 (5) – Complete one combat challenge without taking damage (any character)
- Twice Nightly (75) – Complete New Game Plus
- Gotham Base Jumper (5) – Jump off the tallest building in Arkham City and glide for 1 minute without touching the ground
- Pay Your Respects (5) – A moment of remembrance
- Story Teller (10) – Have 12 murderous dates with Calendar Man
- Catch (5) – Find someone to play remote Batarang catch with
- 50x Combo (5) – Complete a combo of 50 moves (any play mode, any character)
- Perfect Freeflow 2.0 (5) – Perform a perfect combo including all of Batman’s combat moves (any play mode)
- Gadget Attack (5) – Use 5 different Quickfire gadgets in one fight (any play mode)
- Perfect Knight: Day 2 (75) – Main Story, Side Missions, Upgrades, Collectables, New Game Plus and Riddlers Revenge (as Batman)
If you’re chomping at the bit for Arkham City answers and are looking to unravel the mystery behind some of the more vague achievement descriptions, head over to 360 Achievements (where the list first appeared) and check out the respective images associated with each award. Not all of them will be particularly revealing but a few certainly hint at another round of in-depth Batman fan service.
While the majority of the achievements are standard fare in an Arkham game (challenge room ranking, tricky combos, and, of course, gliding from high altitude), the achievement that certainly carries the most interesting possibilities is the aforementioned “Catch (5)” achievement – which tasks players to “Find someone to play remote Batarang catch with.”
No doubt this could be a story related side-mission (where Batman plays catch with an orphan?) or weapon challenge (where players must direct a Batarang into the hand of an enemy?); however, the choice of the terms “Find” (which hints a more active process outside of the game) as well as “Play” (which seems to indicate a joint effort), certainly could be touted as further confirmation that multiplayer, probably a co-op mission mode, will be available in the title – though it will remain a tightly guarded secret leading-up to launch.
Given the interactivity of the remote controlled Batarang, an impromptu game of catch with a co-op partner does sound somewhat fun, especially compared to the previously mentioned alternative explanations for the achievement – which, of course, are kind of lame.
Follow me on Twitter @benkendrick.
Batman: Arkham City will be coming to the xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October 18, 2011.