With such a strong lineup of games set for this fall, game developers face stiff competition as they seek to build hype for their games and hopefully turn that into strong sales. Unfortunately for Ubisoft, this is more of an uphill battle than in past years, at least for the upcoming open-world Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.
After last year’s Assassin’s Creed Unity launch debacle, Ubisoft has to work diligently to rebuild trust with gamers in preparation for the Assassin’s Creed Syndicate release later this year. Fortunately, it looks like there will be some compelling aspects to the game that will help draw in gamers, at least according to the list of the game’s achievements from True Achievements. Before jumping, we’ll warn readers that there are some spoilers ahead.
The achievements – see the full list toward the end of this article – give gamers a taste of what to expect in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. For instance, the No Ticket achievement can be acquired by kicking 50 enemies off trains. That points to a lot of train riding in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, which likely means it’s one of the primary forms of transportation in the game. Additionally, there are a couple achievements that focus on gangs, hinting at the importance of the gang-building feature in the game.
Additionally, as the below video shows, it looks like players will once again be visiting a World War during their time in the Animus.
As the folks at Open World Games explain, one of the secret achievements in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate is called The War at Home, where players will complete a World War I simulation in some form or fashion. Chances are, the experience will be similar to the way Assassin’s Creed Unity engaged players in a brief World War II battle – by sending them through a Helix Rift to complete the mission.
For those who aren’t familiar, or who didn’t play Assassin’s Creed Unity, the Helix Rifts are anomalies within the Animus that allow players to jump to an alternate time-space dimension. During these brief detours from the game, players were able to experience a different age of Paris before jumping back to the original time of the French Revolution.
The War at Home achievement seems to point at something similar in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, where players will be thrown into the war-torn areas around London, during a time when England and Germany were exchanging bombing runs during World War I. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Check out the full list of revealed achievements below.
- A Spanner in the Works – Complete Memory Sequence 1
- A Simple Plan – Complete Memory Sequence 2
- A Modern Babylon – Complete Memory Sequence 3
- A Quick and Reliable Remedy – Complete Memory Sequence 4
- The Perils of Business – Complete Memory Sequence 5
- A Run on the Bank – Complete Memory Sequence 6
- All Is Fair in Politics – Complete Memory Sequence 7
- The Joys of Freedom – Complete Memory Sequence 8
- Friends at My Back – Recruit a gang of 5 allies
- Cerevisaphile – Sample every beer brand in London
- No Ticket – Kick fifty enemies off of trains
- Flawless Conqueror – Secure three Gang Strongholds and complete their optional constraints
- Bare-Knuckle Champion – Win three different Fight Clubs
- A Quarter-Furlong at a Time – Finish first in 3 different Street Races
- Treasure Hunter – Complete ten Raids of any type with Jacob or Evie
- Thieftaker – Bring three Bounty targets back alive
- Unqualified Success – Complete three Templar Hunts and their challenges
- Children’s Aid Society – Complete five Child Liberation memories
- Guardian Angel – Successfully escort ten friendly cargo shipments
- A Broad Base – Reach Loyalty level 1 with all Associates
- Bedfellows, Strange or Otherwise – Reach maximum Loyalty with any Associate
- Multitalented – Acquire ten Perks
- Keys to the City – Acquire all of the Gang Upgrades
- Artisan – Craft a Level 10 Item
- Bartitsu – Learn every Fight Skill as Jacob
- Phantom – Learn every Stealth Skill as Evie
- Wonder of the Age – Reach Level 10
- Ordinary Criminal – Complete twenty Crowd Events
- Language of Flowers – Collect all of the Pressed Flowers
- Student of History – Collect all of the Historical Posters
- A Life in Letters – Collect all of the Royal Letters
- Chimney Sweep – Synchronize every Viewpoint in London
- Mentor – Reach 100% Sync in the Main Memories
- Furious – Destroy twenty vehicles by ramming them
- WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU – Flip five vehicles by shooting their horses
- Look Out Below – Kill three enemies with a single stack of hanging barrels
- You Wouldn’t Steal a Policeman’s Helmet – Hijack twenty police vehicles
- Queensbury Rules – Reach combo level 40
- Whirlwind of Death – Perform fifty Multi-Finishers
- Blade in the Crowd – Assassinate fifty enemies
- Opium Scourge – Affect at least four enemies simultaneously with the Hallucinogenic Dart
- Blade from Above – Air Assassinate twenty enemies from a zipline
- Most Unsporting – Shoot fifty enemies before they shoot at you
- Without a Grudge – Destroy 5000 destructibles with your carriage
- Shall We Dance? – Complete Memory Sequence 9
- The War At Home – Complete the World War I simulation
- Godlike – Unlock all of the Secrets of London
- Needle in a Haystack – Kill five enemies from within the same haystack
- Street Sweeping – Conquer all the boroughs in London
What do you think about the achievements in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate releases October 23, 2015 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.