Just last week, Ubisoft officially announced the two DLC expansions for the hit sequel to Assassin’s Creed. The expansion are planned to hit early next year; one in January followed by another in February. For now, Ubisoft is working on releasing an update to fix some of the existing issues in game which we at Game Rant nominated as one of the best video games of 2009.
If you play Assassin’s Creed 2 this Friday, you’ll notice it install a quick patch before you enter the realm of Renaissance. Ubisoft has announced the following glitches have been fixed by the upcoming patch:
- Glyph: After the player has resolved a glyph (when the unlock code message appears), if the player presses A and B (for 360, X and O on PS3) repeatedly and quickly, the video will appear in full screen, and he will get stuck in “the truth menu”.
- Fast Travel: Some feedback states that Ezio loses the ability to interact with the fast travel stations.
- Free roaming/Parkour: In extremely rare occasions a bug allows Ezio to walk on air.
- Auditore Cape: When first equipping or re-equipping the Auditore cape, users in the Villa become notorious even if the cape description says otherwise.
- AltaÃ¯r’s armour: While wearing Altair’s armour the game crashes when performing multiple consecutive double assassinations.
- Toscana: The game occasionally crashes if the player dies in Toscana, the player is stuck in the animus loading screen.
- Water: Ezio and NPCs may get stuck beneath map if pushed in water.
- Animus Loading Screen: There were reports of the game crashing while the player is in the Animus loading screen
The patch also solves a number of mission specific errors that may have been stopping some unlucky gamers from progressing through the game:
- Sequence 06 Mission 02: An extremely rare issue could make the game freeze while Ezio is fighting the guards.
- Sequence 07 Mission 02: Sometimes the civilians knocked down by Rosa could “float”.
- Sequence 07 Mission 07: When the user is in an open conflict, under specific situations the game crashed.
- Sequence 08 “Venezia”: If a player desynchronises during the flying machine sequence, the player sometimes spawned near Leo’s workshop and not on the tower.
- Secret Location: “Vizitatione”: The user remains stuck after locking onto the agile guard with the gun.
- Sequence 11 Mission 05: The user cannot continue gameplay after quitting and loading the game. They are stuck in the hideout.
- Sequence 14 Mission 02: The user falls through the texture if he is hit with rocks by the guards while climbing .
As previously mentioned, expect the patch this Friday on Xbox Live (and the Playstation Network, too).
Have you had any problems with glitches in Assassin’s Creed 2? Did they stop you from completing the game?