Part of the appeal of games like Diablo 3, Destiny 2, and The Division is the constant hunt for better and more powerful loot. In many cases, the gear offers combat bonuses to make the player stronger, while also giving their character a more exotic look and feel. Anthem, BioWare's first stab at the looter-shooter style game, is currently available in early access, giving players plenty of opportunities to discover some of the more interesting weapons in the game. One Reddit user managed to put together a complete list of every masterwork level weapon currently available.
Within Anthem, masterwork level items are some of the best and most powerful gear that players can come across, just sitting below the Legendary tier of gear rarity. They display with an orange hue and have a better chance of appearing when players play some of the more difficult missions the game has to offer on the various Grandmaster difficulties or taking on Legendary Contracts and Strongholds. Not only do these items have a unique look to them, but they also come with special perks and abilities already built into each one.
As of right now, Anthem contains 27 masterwork weapons with each one also having its own unique perk. Here's a complete list of each weapon along with the perk it carries.
- Sentinel's Vengeance grenade launcher - Aftershock: Grenade sticks to an enemy. Detonates an area acid effect on a small hit-streak.
- Soothing Touch marksman's rifle - Striker's Balance: Hitting an enemy reduces weapon recoil.
- Close Encounter heavy pistol - Scout's Fury: Dashing increases weapon damage by 75% for 10 seconds.
- Avenging Herald heavy pistol - Raptor's Deadeye: Hovering increases weapon damage by 200%.
- Insult And Injury grenade launcher - Bombardier: Grenades bounce before exploding. Victor's Bulwark: Defeating an enemy clears harmful status effects and boosts effect resistance by 75% for 10 seconds.
- Fist of Stral autocannon - Striker's Fury: Hitting enemies increases weapon damage by 10% for 5 seconds. Stacks to 10.
- Radiant Fortress shotgun - Constrictor: Hitting 8 shots in a single burst recharges shields by 35%.
- Wyvern Blitz sniper rifle - Raptor's Sense: Hovering while firing increases weapon weak point damage by 40%.
- Elemental Rage assault rifle - Veteran's Furor: Hitting Elite enemies increases all elemental damage by 5% for 10 seconds. Stacks to 20.
- Truth of Tarsis sniper rifle - Devastator: Ammunition explodes on contact. Hitting weak points on enemies under a status effect will set off a chain combo.
- Unending Battle machine pistol - Gladiator's Wrath: Hitting an elite or higher enemy at point-blank range, weapon and melee damage increases by 110% for 5 seconds.
- Death From Above marksman rifle - Raptor's Sense: While hovering, increases weak point damage by 65%.
- Vassa's Surprise machine pistol - Hailstorm: Fastest, but least accurate machine pistol. On a melee hit, gain 25% ammo in the magazine.
- Ralner's Blaze assault rifle - Hammerhead: Hardest hitting assault weapon. Ignites the target while on a five hit-streak.
- Renewed Courage light machine gun - Survivor's Balance: Last shot reduces recoil by 50% for the next 20 seconds. Stacks to 2.
- Balm of Gavinicus grenade launcher - Lurker: Detonate mines manually. Hitting 2 enemies restores 25% armor.
- The Last Stand autocannon - Gambler's Wrath: When suit health declines, all weapon damage increases by 75% for 10 seconds.
- Artinia's Gambit light machine gun - Relentless: When reloading, detonates a Combo explosion in the immediate area.
- Glorious Result heavy pistol - Gunslinger's Fury: Hitting two enemy weak points quickly increases all weapon damage by 150% for 5 seconds.
- Papa Pump shotgun - Scattershot: Reloading increases force and delivers bonus damage of 150% for 5 seconds. Stacks to 2.
- Thunderbolt of Yvenia light machine gun - Scout: Has a 33% chance to deal large electric damage.
- Cycle of Pain light machine gun - Marksman's Swiftness: Weak point hits increase weapon rate of fire by 10% for 10 seconds. Stacks to 10.
- Endless Siege autocannon - Torrent: Base magazine size is increased by 100% and base damage is increased by 100%.
- Retaliation of Garretus machine pistol - Gambler's Wrath: When suit health declines, weapon damage increases by 125% for 10 seconds.
- Rolling Carnage shotgun - Scout's Advantage: Dashing increases this weapon's damage by 50% for 20 seconds. Stacks to 3.
- Divine Vengeance assault rifle - Warden: Four shot burst. Every third weak point hit causes large fire explosions.
- Siege Breaker sniper rifle - Whirlwind: combination assault and sniper rifle. On a three hit-streak, shots freeze the target.
Naturally, this list will likely continue to expand over time as Anthem is considered a live service game which means new content and updates are rolled out on a semi-consistent basis. In fact, BioWare has previously released a downloadable content roadmap for the game following its launch on Friday. The free updates are set to begin in March with the first story act called Echoes of Reality. In addition to more story content, the first act is set to include all kinds of new content like events, quality of life updates, new strongholds, new rewards, and much more.
Anthem releases February 22 for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One.