Yesterday, Nintendo released its pure handheld version of the Switch called the Switch Lite. The latest console is a watered-down version of the Switch original, dropping some key features of the original console in favor of gaming on the go.
For those who already own a Switch, or just recently purchased the Switch Lite, Amazon is offering amazing deals on select Switch games. The retailer is offering up to 50% off in savings for both first and third-party Switch titles. Square Enix's Octopath Traveler is currently available for $45.99, which is 23% off of its list price of $59.99. The game went on to become one of 2018's best selling titles and Square Enix announced that Octopath Traveler will get a console sequel and a mobile prequel soon.
Other Switch games that are discounted on Amazon include:
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 (Pre-Order) - $49.94 (17% off)
- Octopath Traveler - $45.99 (23% off)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - $49.99 (17% off)
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - $49.94 (17% off)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - $49.94 (17% off)
- Mario Tennis Aces - $47.99 (20% off)
- Sonic Mania Plus - $19.99 (33% off)
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy - $37.98 (5% off)
- Just Dance 2019 - $24.92 (38% off)
- Saints Row The Third: Full Package - $29.99 (25% off)
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - $29.99 (25% off)
- Civilization VI - $29.99 (50% off)
- Minecraft - $19.99 (33% off)
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission Hero Edition - $39.82 (34% off)
- Lego Worlds - $13 (48% off)
Meanwhile, Amazon Prime users are eligible to get a 1-year Nintendo Switch Online subscription for free. To the uninitiated, the Nintendo Switch Online service gives players access to online multiplayer, cloud saving, and a library of free NES and SNES games. A 1-year subscription typically goes for $60, which is why Amazon Prime members who recently purchased a Switch should grab this deal before it ends on September 24.
Lastly, GameStop's Pro Day Sale is currently offering a generous trade-in deal that would allow players to get the Nintendo Switch for basically nothing. The deal requires players to trade-in either an iPhone 7+, Samsung Galaxy 9, or an iPad Pro to get $300 trade credits, or up to $420 for an iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S10, or iPad Pro 3. The Nintendo Switch goes for $299 for the original upgraded version, so it's a good deal and only lasts through September 22nd.