Game Rant is on-site for Sony‘s highly-anticipated “See The Future” PlayStation Meeting 2013, where the company is expected to reveal the PS4 at 6pm EST/3pm PST. We’ll be bringing you highlights from the event – which is likely to include the official unveiling of the PlayStation 4, along with a redesigned controller, game streaming service, a possible God of War 4 reveal, not to mention a PS3 price cut.
We’ll write-up a thorough summary of the event shortly after it concludes but you can watch the Sony Live Stream feed below – and keep refreshing the page for live updates and in-depth information.
In the meantime, make sure to check out our full “What to Expect From Sony’s PS4 Event Today” rumor round-up, this nostalgic PlayStation brand retrospective, as well as select PS4 speculation pieces from the last few weeks below:
- Will EA Unveil ‘Battlefield 4′ Today?
- ‘PlayStation Cloud’ Domains Registered by Sony-Owned Gaikai
- David Cage: ‘Beyond: Two Souls’ Release Date Will Be Announced Soon
- Next-Gen Report: PS4 Price, Xbox 720 Features, Ubisoft Praise & GameStop’s Response
- PS4 Report: More Power than Xbox 720, Media-Sharing Controller, Late 2013 Release
- Wall Street Journal Claims Sony Will Release the PS4 This Fall
Watch full 2-hour presentation here:
Here’s a list of the notable Sony announcements as they occur… beginning at 6pm EST.
The show is starting with opening comments:
- Strengthening the PlayStation ecosystem through hardware, software, and networking.
- The gamer, not the living room, is the focal point of the gaming experience.
- Expanding PlayStation Vita to the living room – more on that later in 2013.
- Revolutionizing the console and entire portfolio of products.
- Available Holiday 2013
- No pricing or physical hardware images yet.
- Sony thinks of PlayStation as a leading authority on play.
- Discussing the evolution of the PS3 and how it informs the PS4
- Nothing comes between the platform and the player.
- System architecture supports consumer experience.
- Wanted to hear from developers.
- Supercharged PC Architecture
- X86 CPU
- Highly Enhanced PC GPU
- 8GB High Speed Unified Memory
- Local Storage Hard Drive
- Share Button
- Headphone Jack
- Light Bar: Stereo camera that tracks the 3D position of the controller.
- Simple – Just a Button Press Away, User Friendly
- Immediate – Reduces Lag, Suspending/Resuming Game with a Single Button Press.
- Integrated – Background Processing, Digital Titles Playable While Downloading.
- Social – Dedicated Always On Video Compression and Decompression, In-Game Recording and Sharing, Browse Live Game Video, Friends Social Network that extends outside of the console (Vita, Smart Phones, etc).
- Personalization – The system learns your likes and dislikes, preloaded digital content can be preloaded.
- Try games immediately in the PlayStation Store
- Facebook and Ustream Partnerships – Create the first quality Social Gaming Network
- Share Button on Dual Shock 4 – Broadcast your gaming session in Real-Time live.
- Friends can comment on your play session or even take over your controller to assist in tough spots.
- New spectating tools for developers.
- Remote play is built into the PS4 architecture using PS Vita. Longterm goal is to make all PS4 games playable on PS Vita. Uses Gaikai technology to make remote play snappy and immediate.
- PSN remote functionality to include video and music unlimited, Netflix, Hulu, and legacy PS1, PS2, PS3 titles.
- PlayStation Cloud Services to be detailed later this year.
- New “synergy” between hardware, software, and the online network.
Stay tuned for full write-ups and trailers but here are the games that have been previewed during the event:
- Knack – Animated style hack and smash action game.
- Killzone: Shadow Fall – Killzone Sequel
- Driveclub – Team-Based Racing
- Infamous: Second Son – Infamous Follow-Up
- The Witness – Puzzle Game from Braid Developer Jonathan Blow
- Quantic Dream – Highly Detailed Character Models
- Media Molecule – Move Controller 3D Sculpting
Third Party Developers:
- Panta Rhei Engine
- Deep Down – Medieval Action Game. New IP.
- Showing the Luminous Engine again. Watch the video here.
- Teasing new Final Fantasy title for E3 2013.
- Watch Dogs Live Demo – Check our Game Rant’s prior coverage of Watch Dogs.
- Further details later this year.
- Blizzard and Sony have entered into a strategic partnership
to take over the world.
- Diablo 3 available for the PS3 and PS4.
- Playable at PAX East. Further details to come.
- Destiny – New In-Engine Footage – Check out Game Rant’s prior coverage of Destiny.
- Exclusive playable content for PS3 and PS4.
Follow me on Twitter @benkendrick.