Winter’s still going on strong – for most of us, anyway – but the gaming release lull is slowly coming to an end! While most February releases are still geared towards the previous generation, there are a few next-gen games that should start the ball rolling for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Let’s take a look at what February has to offer!
Opening up the month is the anticipated Fable Anniversary, a re-imagining of the hit RPG originally released on the Xbox nearly ten years ago. It arrives February 4th for the Xbox 360. On the 5th, internet “let’s play” sensation Outlast will be available on the PS4. Later in the month, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII makes its way to the PS3 and Xbox 360 on February 11th. Rayman Legends jumps into the next-gen fray on the 18th, giving some much-needed platformer action to the PS4 and Xbox One. The Wii U gets its own taste of more platformer goodness on the 21st, when Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze swings into action. Finally, the long-awaited Thief reboot finds its way to all major platforms after nearly a decade of absence.
February 2014 Release List
(Note: Based Off North American Release Dates; All Information Is Subject To Change)
Week of February 4th, 2014
- Fable Anniversary (Xbox 360; February 4th)
- The Lego Movie Videogame (Xbox 360; February 4th)
- The Wolf Among Us – Episode 2: Smoke and Mirrors (Windows, Mac, PSN; February 4th)
- Outlast (PS4; February 5th)
- The Wolf Among Us – Episode 2: Smoke and Mirrors (XBLA; February 5th)
- Double Dragon Neon (Windows; February 6th)
- Bravely Default (3DS; February 7th)
Week of February 11th, 2014
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360; February 11th)
- Toukiden: The Age of Demons (Vita, PSP; February 11th)
- One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS; February 11th)
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita; February 14th)
Week of February 18th, 2014
- Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3, Xbox 360; February 18th)
- Rayman Legends (PS4, Xbox One; February 18th)
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U; February 21st)
Week of February 25th, 2014
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows; February 25th)
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS3, Xbox 360; February 25th)
- Tales of Symphonia Cronicles (PS3, February 25th)
- Thief (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Windows; February 25th)
- Divinity: Original Sin (Windows; February 28th)
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS; February 28th)
- Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition (Windows; February 28th)
It looks like there’s a lot more to look forward to this month, with more releases on the PS4 and Xbox One. Although it won’t be until March that the next-gen titles start pouring in, February should have many releases to keep gamers occupied. Ranters, what are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments section below! As for me, I’ll be counting the days until Thief releases on Steam!
Follow Kyle on Twitter @superkyol.