The summer season is quickly winding down, and with the slowest part of the year behind us, it’s full steam ahead for the gaming industry. Let’s take a look at what the final leg of summer has to offer!
The much-anticipated Pikmin 3 kicks off the month, hopping onto the Wii U on August 4th. Payday 2 breaks into the scene on August 15th, for Windows PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Platformer Disney Infinity finally hits store shelves August 18th, available for all major consoles. Saints Row IV, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist shake things up on August 20th, available for Windows PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.
August 2013 Release List
(Note: Based Off North American Release Dates; All Information Is Subject To Change)
Week of August 1st, 2013
- Cloudberry Kingdom (WiiU; August 1st)
- Pikmin 3 (WiiU; August 3rd)
- Disney’s Planes (WiiU, Wii, 3DS, Nintendo DS; August 6th)
- Dragon’s Crown (PS3, Vita; August 6th)
- Tales of Xillia (PS3; August 6th)
Week of August 11th, 2013
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS; August 11th)
- Angry Birds Trilogy (WiiU, Wii; August 13th)
- DuckTales Remastered (PSN, WiiU, Windows; August 13th)
- Europa Universalis IV (Windows, Mac, Linux; August 13th)
- Payday 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows; August 15th)
Week of August 18th, 2013
- Disney Infinity (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows, WiiU, Wii, 3DS; August 18th)
- Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows; August 20th)
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows; August 20th)
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows, WiiU; August 20th)
- Skullgirls (Windows; August 22nd)
Week of August 25th, 2013
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Windows; August 27th)
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3, Windows; August 27th)
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (PS3; August 27th)
- Killer is Dead (PS3, Xbox 360; August 27th)
- Lost Planet 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows; August 27th)
- Madden NFL 25 (PS3, Xbox 360; August 27th)
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation (PS3, Xbox 360; August 30th)
- War of the Overworld (Windows, Mac, Linux; August 30th)
There you have it! Looks like August packs a lot more punch than last month, with many anticipated sequels headed our way. Ranters, what are you most interested in sinking your teeth into? Let us know in the comments! Personally, I can’t wait to step into Sam Fisher’s shoes again, in Splinter Cell: Blacklist – PC, of course!
Follow me on Twitter @superkyol.