It’s hard to believe we’re already a quarter of the way into the year. With GDC and PAX East over and E3 2013 and San Diego Comic-Con edging closer, an interesting transition is being made between current and next-generation consoles. While gamers everywhere settle in and wait for more announcements on the PlayStation 4 (specifically, what it looks like) and the dubbed “Xbox 720,” Game Rant is hard at work delivering those announcements and keeping gamers in the loop — specifically, what is coming down the pipeline in the near future!
April 2013 kicks off with Syfy show tie in and persistent MMO Defiance for Windows, PS3 and Xbox 360; and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge for PS3 and Xbox 360. The following week, a classic RTS epic comes to Steam, albeit for Windows only: Age of Empires II: HD Edition. On April 14th, Star Wars: The Old Republic sees its first expansion released, titled Rise of the Hutt Cartel, available for Windows. On the 16th, DC superheroes clash like never before in Injustice: Gods Among Us, for PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U. On the 23rd, Dead Island: Riptide surfs and slaughters its way to Windows, PS3 and Xbox 360. Star Trek ventures forth onto Windows, PS3 and Xbox 360 on April 23rd, not long before Star Trek Into Darkness hits the big screen. XCOM: Enemy Unknown comes to Mac OS on April 25th, with an iOS version slated for Summer 2013.
April 2013 Release List
(Note: Based Off North American Release Dates; All Information Is Subject To Change)
Week of April 2nd, 2013
- Defiance (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows; April 2nd)
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (PS3, Xbox 360; April 2nd)
- BattleBlock Theatre (XBLA; April 3rd)
- Toki Toki 2 (Wii U; April 4th)
- Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons (XBLA; April 5th)
- Painkiller: Hell & Damnation (PS3, Xbox 360; April 5th)
Week of April 9th, 2013
- Age of Empires II: HD Edition (Windows; April 9th)
- Guacamelee! (PSN, Vita; April 9th)
- ShootMania Storm (Windows; April 10th)
- Gemini Rue (iOS; April 11th)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Windows; April 14th)
Week of April 16th, 2013
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U; April 16th)
- Pandora’s Tower (Wii; April 16th)
- Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS; April 16th)
- Papo & Yo (Windows; April 18th)
- We Sing UK Hits (Wii; April 19th)
- Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS; April 21st)
Week of April 23rd, 2013
- Dead Island: Riptide (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows; April 23rd)
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3, Xbox 360; April 23rd)
- Star Trek (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows; April 23rd)
- Don’t Starve (Windows; April 24th)
- Mega Man 4 (3DS; April 25th)
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Mac; April 25th)
- Soul Sacrifice (Vita; April 30th)
- Thomas Was Alone (PSN, Vita; April 30th)
- Dust: An Elysian Tail (Windows; April 30th)
- Monaco: What’s Yours is Mine (Windows, Mac, XBLA; April 30th)
Q2 2013 is starting off with a bang! Mac and iOS users alike have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks, and the Wii continues going strong. Ranters, what are you planning on picking up this month? Join in the discussion and let us know! Personally, I can’t wait to sink countless more hours into AoE2:HD!
Share an enthusiasm for real-time strategy?
Follow me on Twitter @superkyol.