Ready or not, the holiday games season is here. We’re only nine days into October, and we’ve already got Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Pokemon Black 2/White 2. Before the month is out, Forza Horizon, Need for Speed Most Wanted and Medal of Honor Warfighter will all be available… and the situation in November is much, much worse (or better, depending on your perspective/level ofÂ discretionaryÂ income/available free time).
Nevertheless, publishers always have stay focused on the future, and in that very spirit Square Enix has revealed the pre-order offers it has lined up for next March’s Tomb Raider:Â three retailers, three exclusive bonuses, and three rounds of content.
Very much like GameStop’s tiered, time-based pre-order campaign for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Square Enix is rewarding customers who get their Tomb Raider pre-orders in early. Only the first round of bonuses for the three participating retailers – Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop – have been revealed so far, and they range from a Rhianna Pratchett penned comic book to Geoff Keighley’s The Final Hours of Tomb Raider documentary. The second wave of bonuses will be announced on December 18th, and the final batch of goodies will be unveiled inÂ January.
Who’s got the best offer right now? Check out the complete details on Tomb Raider’s first batch of pre-order exclusives below.
Exclusive in-game CHALLENGE TOMB
- In this exclusive standalone tomb, Lara encounters all new environment puzzles to test her brains and brawn.
Exclusive TOMB RAIDER: The Beginnings Comic Book and AVIATRIX SKIN
- Written by Rhianna Pratchett with cover art by TOMB RAIDER art director Brian Horton, The Beginnings is a 48 page six-part graphic novel which tells the story of how the ill-fated voyage of the Endurance came to be.
- AVIATRIX SKIN: an exclusive 1930s adventurer outfit for Lara Croft, complete with bomber jacket
â€œThe Final Hours Editionâ€ of TOMB RAIDER:
- Exclusive 32 page art book created by art director Brian Horton showcasing the art from TOMB RAIDER
- Exclusive â€œHunter Skinâ€Â that grants Lara a layer of action-movie-style natural camouflage
- The Final Hours of TOMB RAIDER â€“ â€˜Directorâ€™s Cutâ€™ Kindle Fire Edition: Go behind the scenes in this interactive app and experience the highs and lows as video game journalist Geoff Keighley documents the inner workings of how famed studio Crystal Dynamics went back to the drawing board to reboot one of the most iconic video games in history
Which retailer do you think has the best Tomb Raider pre-order bonuses? What would you like to see Square Enix offer for Stages 2 and 3? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Tomb Raider releasesÂ March 5, 2013, for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Follow me on Twitter @HakenGaken.