Not to be outshined, Sony is coming with their own games and panels — only they are upping the ante a little. While not sporting as many titles as Microsoft, and focusing a little more on their indie developers (a first for them), Sony is bringing some new flair to SDCC by way of customized arcade cabinets for their Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One demo. Decked out with a 40” Bravia 3Dtv, custom artwork from Insomniac and a light display, these bad boys will be set up for all to enjoy while demoing the game.
Of course, that won’t be the only game on the agenda. With titles like Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, StarHawk, and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception all playable, it could be hard for show goers to manage their time. On top of that, Sony will have panels highlighting their upcoming work with independent developers like thatgamecompany and Minority Games, along with panels on how the film industry has helped develop titles like Uncharted.
Just like with Microsoft, below is a quick rundown of what’s to be expected during the weekend. To get more detailed information, head on over to The PlayStation Blog and take a look:
Get Into the Indie Spirit with PlayStation Network Game Developers:
Room 23ABC, San Diego Convention Center
Thursday, July 21, 10:00 a.m. — 11:00 a.m.
- Meet with several PlayStation Network indie developers, as they give insight and creative cues on working within the gaming medium.
Exploring a 1950â€²s Altered America: The Continuing Creation of the Resistance Universe:
Room 7AB, San Diego Convention Center
Thursday, July 21, 5:00 p.m. — 6:00 p.m.
- Get an Exclusive look at Resistance 3 from the Insomniac team.
Developing Interactive Entertainment: The Performance Capture Techniques of the Uncharted Franchise and Today’s Film Industry
Room 25ABC, San Diego Convention Center
Friday, July 22, 4:00 p.m. — 5:00 p.m.
- Meet with the cast and creative director Amy Henning as they discuss what historical film techniques helped push the game’s design
Twisted Metal @ SDCC 2011
Room 5AB, San Diego Convention Center
Saturday, July 23, 6:00 p.m. — 7:00 p.m.
- Take a look at new cinematic, campaign footage, a live demo, and even one of the new bosses with David Jaffe
The Evolution from Warhawk to Starhawk
Room 25AB, San Diego Convention Center
Sunday, July 24,10:00 a.m. — 11:00 a.m.
- Go behind the scenes and see how the characters are created, and take a look at exclusive story details and character art.