Following the announcement of Resident Evil 6 at the beginning of the year, Capcom has pushed-out a steady stream of pre-release information – leading up to the game’s October 2nd launch date. While certain features, like the mysterious “agent hunt mode” have yet to be detailed, recent weeks have given us official confirmation of post-game Ada Wong missions, pre-order incentives, and clarification on the title’s 4-player co-op system.
Now, we’re getting an especially sought-after bit of information: the full Resident Evil 6 achievement/trophy list – including the game’s secret/hidden challenges.
Much like prior Resident Evil series achievements, the majority of the in-game challenges are pretty standard fare – many of which feature lackluster “complete chapter x” or “defeat x number of zombies” descriptions that hide the ins and outs of the story and gameplay. Even the secret/hidden achievements and trophies aren’t particularly revealing for anyone who has been keeping up-to-date with the game – as they merely out the inclusion of the title’s worst kept secret, Ada Wong missions.
Check out the full Resident Evil 6 achievement list (along with respective gamer points) below. The titles of the story-related achievements are, as mentioned, pretty vague and contain only mild hints at the various locales (“Big Trouble in China” and “Tragedy in Europe”) and narrative beats (“Get on the Plane”); however, reading into a few of them will likely spoil some of the game’s twists and turns (such as the title attached to Complete Chapter 2 in Jake’s campaign).
Be warned, MILD SPOILERS ahead:
- The Longest Night (10) – Complete the tutorial.
- Gone to Hell (15) – Complete Chapter 1 in Leon’s campaign.
- Buried Secrets (15) – Complete Chapter 2 in Leon’s campaign.
- Get on the Plane (15) – Complete Chapter 3 in Leon’s campaign.
- Big Trouble in China (15) – Complete Chapter 4 in Leon’s campaign.
- The Trouble with Women (15) – Complete Chapter 5 in Leon’s campaign.
- Rescue the Hostages (15) – Complete Chapter 1 in Chris’ campaign.
- Tragedy in Europe (15) – Complete Chapter 2 in Chris’ campaign.
- After Her! (15) – Complete Chapter 3 in Chris’ campaign.
- There’s Always Hope (15) – Complete Chapter 4 in Chris’ campaign.
- Duty Calls (15) – Complete Chapter 5 in Chris’ campaign.
- Money Talks (15) – Complete Chapter 1 in Jake’s campaign.
- A Revolting Development (15) – Complete Chapter 2 in Jake’s campaign.
- Let’s Blow This Joint (15) – Complete Chapter 3 in Jake’s campaign.
- Still on the Run (15) – Complete Chapter 4 in Jake’s campaign.
- See You Around (15) – Complete Chapter 5 in Jake’s campaign.
- Green around the Ears (15) – Complete the entire game on Amateur.
- Normal Is Good (30) – Complete the entire game on Normal.
- Back in My Day (30) – Complete the entire game on Veteran.
- Leave It to the Pro (90) – Complete the entire game on Professional.
- Check Out My Dogs (15) – Customize your dog tags.
- Titular Achievement (15) – Earn (10) different titles.
- One Is Better Than None (15) – Purchase one skill.
- Mad Skillz (90) – Max out all the skills that allow you to level up.
- Silent Killer (15) – Use a stealth attack to take down five enemies.
- Finish What You Start (15) – Perform a coup de grâce on ten enemies.
- Bob and Weave (15) – Counter an enemy’s attack three times in row.
- Down, Not Out (15) – Defeat an enemy while dying, then recover without any help.
- Lifesaver (15) – Help or rescue your partner ten times.
- Weapons Master (30) – Use all the weapons in the game and kill ten enemies with each of them.
- Give a Little Push (15) – Knock ten enemies off a high place.
- Rising Up (30) – Earn a level-four title.
- They’re ACTION Figures! (15) – Collect 3 figures.
- Stuntman (15) – Defeat 20 enemies with the Hydra using a quick shot.
- Bring the Heat (15) – Take down an enemy from 50 meters away with a headshot using the thermal scope.
- High Voltage (15) – Defeat ten enemies with a stun rod charge attack.
- Zombie Massacre (15) – Defeat 500 zombies.
- J’avo Genocide (15) – Defeat 500 J’avo.
- B.O.W.s Are Ugly (30) – Defeat 100 enemies that have come out of a chrysalid.
- I Prefer Them Alive (15) – Rescue two female survivors at the cathedral.
- Flying Ace (15) – Pilot the VTOL without getting a scratch on it.
- Hard Choice (15) – Shoot the helicopter pilot with a Magnum at point-blank range.
- Covered in Brass (30) – Earn 150 different medals.
- Heirlooms (30) – Collect all the serpent emblems.
Secret Achievements -
- I Spy (15) – Complete Chapter 1 in Ada’s campaign.
- Counterintelligence (15) – Complete Chapter 2 in Ada’s campaign.
- This Takes Me Back (15) – Complete Chapter 3 in Ada’s campaign.
- Ada’s Demise (15) – Complete Chapter 4 in Ada’s campaign.
- What’s Next? (15) – Complete Chapter 5 in Ada’s campaign.
- Sneaking Around (15) – Get through the aircraft carrier’s bridge area without being noticed.
Given Capcom’s claim that Resident Evil 6 will feature over 30 hours of gameplay, it’s easy to see why nearly half (20 in 50) of the achievements are focused on the plot. That said, in spite of the heavy emphasis on “unmissable” story achievements, there are a few interesting descriptions in here – achievements that, unlike all the story-related challenges, will force players to hone their skills in a particular section of the game or master new gameplay and weapon mechanics: “Flying Ace” - Pilot the VTOL without getting a scratch on it and ”Bring the Heat” - Take down an enemy from 50 meters away with a headshot using the thermal scope. Of course, if those sound too simple, the tough-as-nails crowd should enjoy grinding their way through the usual “difficulty” challenges such as “Leave it to the Pro” - Complete the entire game on Professional and “Covered in Brass” - Earn 150 different medals.
Follow me on Twitter @benkendrick for further updates on Resident Evil 6 as well as other movie, TV, and gaming news.
Resident Evil 6 will now release on October 2, 2012 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. A PC version is due at a later date.