Talk about a long day on the trail! Red Dead Redemption may have released a full fifteen months ago, but one lone DLC pack astonishingly still awaits release. First revealed at the end of July and targeted for September, the Myths & Mavericks Bonus Pack will in fact be available on both PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade on September 13, 2011. And don’t worry about the tab; this one’s on Rockstar.
As with the last batch of DLC released for the game — the Deadly Assassin Outfit, the Golden Guns Weapon Pack, and the War Horse — the Myths & Mavericks Bonus Pack features no new campaign for John Marston to undertake. Rather, players will be getting a number of new locations and characters for Red Dead Redemption’s multiplayer mode — and now we know exactly what those characters and locations will be.
Take a look at the full list of goodies, straight from the horse’s mouth.
Maps/Modes (bolded locations are brand new to multiplayer)
- Cochinay â€“ Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout, Stronghold
- Nekoti Rock â€“ Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
- El Presidio â€“ Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Plainview â€“ Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Gaptooth Mine â€“ Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Pikeâ€™s Basin â€“ Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Rio Bravo â€“ Shootout, Gang Shootout
- Perdido â€“ Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
- Benedict Point â€“ Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
- Beecherâ€™s Hope â€“ Stronghold
- Torquemada â€“ Stronghold
- Armadillo â€“ Stronghold
- Chuparosa â€“ Stronghold
- Tumbleweed – Stronghold
New Multiplayer Characters
- Landon Ricketts
- Vicente DeSanta
- Drew MacFarlane
- Deputy Eli
- Deputy Jonah
- Javier Esquella
While the lack of any sort of new campaign missions may be a sore spot for some RDR players, it’s awfully hard to fault Rockstar for providing new content — free content, no less — for a fifteen month old game. Of course, given the ongoing turmoil at Team Bondi, and the continuing lack of any solid news on the development of Grand Theft Auto 5, the team at Rockstar HQ is probably ready for a little love from the fans.
Ranters, are you ready for (at least) one more ride around Red Dead Redemption’s multiplayer modes? Do you think DLC development fifteen months after the game shipped bodes well for future Red Dead games?
The Myths & Mavericks Bonus Pack for Red Dead Redemption will be available September 13, 2011, for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Follow me on Twitter @HakenGaken