In addition to the Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack adding free unlockable multiplayer content for Mass Effect 3 next week, the game is also receiving some needed updates that address a few bugs and the infamous custom face loading issue that hampered the experience for many players before they could even get into the game.
Unfortunately, the face issue correction is a simply too late for the majority of Mass Effect 3 players who’ve already beaten the game, and there are a few issues, specifically with multiplayer, not addressed here at all.
The patch will be available on PC on Monday, April 9th and the PS3/Xbox 360 version will hit the following day – the same day Resurgence releases! Here are the patch notes:
- Fixed issues when in some cases Shepard’s customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3.
- Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers.
- Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state.
- Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level.
- Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game.
- Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom FemShep.
- Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen.
- Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level.
- Fixed an issue when DLC game saves can be accessed from an account without DLC if another account on the same computer has access to the related DLC. (PC Only).
- Fixed an issue when saves from different accounts on the same computer may become locked if one account has access to DLC which the other account does not. (PC Only).
- Fixed an issue when potentially the game could enter unresponsive state when transitioning from the Holding Docks area to the Normandy Docks area of the Citadel. (PS3 Only).
Many players are now spending their time in multiplayer once completing Mass Effect 3′s story campaign, especially now that there are new characters, maps and weapons coming next week. Those who’ve played the game, know there are severe loading times in joining and completing matches, made worse by the occasional connection error. There are also some odd spawning issues with enemy NPCs where they get stuck in inaccessible places in the map (it’s even happened to players).
Due to the design of the game, a lot of the unlockable items found in reinforcement packs are one-time use upgrades and buffs, but if there’s a connection error, a host changes or players drop out, there’s no way to cancel the game and save those items. If there’s an error, you also lose ALL of your progress of that match, even if you’ve spent half an hour playing and are on the final wave. You’re screwed and we were hoping BioWare would offer some sort of workaround so players don’t lose those items, credits and experience in cases like that since it’s a co-op game and not competitive.
Maybe with the next patch?
The Operation Beachhead multiplayer event began 6PM PST Thursday April 5 and runs until 5AM PST Tuesday April 10, when this DLC will become available.
Mass Effect 3 is now available for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Follow Rob on Twitter @rob_keyes for more on Mass Effect.