Fans of the series, who had been wondering when they’d be able to experience the PC version of the latest installment in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon franchise, now have an answer. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will release for Microsoft Windows PC on June 12th while the tactical shooter will also be available for digital download.
As for the burning question regarding the game’s DRM settings, players will need to have an Internet connection for a one-time registration process for uPlay upon the booting the game up for the first time. After that, apart from requiring a broadband connection for online multiplayer modes, no permanent connection is required.
As detailed by publisher and developer Ubisoft, the PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier includes the following features:
- PC high standard visuals (DX11 renderer, new high-Quality Assets, new post process effects, multi-monitor solutions support, TriDef stereoscopic support)
- DirectX11 enhanced: tessellation (for soft 3D models), compute shaders-based realistic lighting (for Global Illumination), volumetric Fog
- Online Widget: Party, Friends and Ghost Feed functionality can be accessed at any moment from any screen
- Extended party functionality: simplified and more flexible invitation system
- Party text Chat
- Uplay Friends system
- Fully customizable controls for the localized keyboards
- Supported Operating Systems: WindowsXP (with Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2)/ Windows 7(with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
- PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
- RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
- VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX—compliant, Shader 4.0—enabled video card
- DIRECT X: DirectX 9.0c
- DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c — compliant sound card
- HDD space : 25 GB
- CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
- RAM: 2 GB Windows XP / 3 GB Windows Vista & 7
- Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX—compliant, Shader 4.0—enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better
For those who wish to take the shooter for a test-run before its May release, a console-exclusive beta is due to drop this month.
Ranters, are you looking forward to picking up Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on the PC? Are the features for PC version enough to do the game justice on the platform?
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier releases on PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 22nd in North America, 24th in Europe, and 25th in the UK. For more on the shooter, be sure to check out Game Rant’s preview of the game and its ‘Guerrilla’ co-op mode.