In a week from today, the next set of DLC content for Gears of War 3Â will release. Titled ‘Force of Nature,’ the map pack adds five weather-themed maps, some of the pre-order weapons and character skins, while also making way for the return of the Gears of War 2Â ‘Guardian’ mode.
Before that hits however, Epic Games has released another Gears 3Â title update to correct some of the bugs and tweak some of the weapons.
The Gears of War 3Â Title Update #3 was released in mid-January, adding plenty of improvements and correcting a few exploits. Title Update #4 releases today, adding the following changes:
- Savage Drone and Savage Grenadier can now â€œswatâ€ turn in Beast mode
- Spectator mode now starts viewing a player instead of a battle camera
- Alternate control users in multiplayer will no longer look at DBNO characters when pressing R3
- The crosshair for the Longshot and Hammerburst will now show an X if a shot is obstructed.
- KOTH â€“ ring locators are now visible in spectator mode
- KOTH â€“ some hill locations have been adjusted
- The Onyx Guard decoy in Horde will not drop his rifle after exhausting the Vulcan ammo
- Clients will no longer be stuck with a â€œWaiting For Playersâ€ message up if the host quits Horde during the progression screen
- Chainsaw audio loop will now persist for listeners who leave the audible range and re-enter it
- Fixed some instances where special event ribbons would not be properly awarded
- COG pistol firing rate has been adjusted to be equal on host and clients
- The Flaming Retro Lancer is now available for attendees of the first special event
- Fixed some issues fixed related to the destruction of meatbags
- The Slab start up screen no longer has debug text
- After a host migration in Horde, the waves will no longer go past 50
- Cover near the elevator on Hotel no longer allows players to lean outside of the visible area
- Grenade throwers that are killed mid-throw will receive credit for any kills that grenade causes
- Silverback will be disabled if hit by a smoke grenade when the driver is in the middle of the exit animation
- Team Deathmatch time limit no longer resets to 3 minutes when both teams are out of respawns
With Mass Effect 3,Â SyndicateÂ and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon CityÂ adding four player co-op multiplayer over the last few weeks, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Max Payne 3Â bringing more multiplayer offerings come May, the Game Rant team has found themselves not playing Gears of War 3Â in quite some time – has the amount of games affected your play time with the Gears?
If you are still playing, be sure to head to Epic Games tomorrow, Wednesday March 21, 2012, for the livestream session with Director of Production, Rod Fergusson where he’ll talk about the ‘Forces of Nature’ DLC.
Follow me on Twitter @rob_keyes.
Source: Epic Games