One week in advance of its retail debut, a new live-action short film for Forza Motorsport 4 has been released. The film takes a tongue-in-cheek look at the plight of the modern automotive enthusiast, and features some slick stunt driving. Players moved by the film should head straight over to Xbox Live and download the just-released Forza Motorsport 4 demo.
Unlike the Infineon Raceway trailer or the E3 2011 trailer, today’s Forza Motorsport 4 trailer barely features any of the stunning in-game graphics that have astonished players since the game made its debut at the 2010 Video Game Awards. As with the footage of Halo 4’s Warthog, today’s short film is narrated by Top Gear U.K.’s Jeremy Clarkson, who’s mellifluous baritone walks players through the specifics (better look out, littlebigplanet’s Stephen Fry).
Check out the Forza Motorsport 4 “Endangered Species” short film below.
Along with the short film, a Forza Motorsport 4 demo is now available on Xbox Live for Gold Members. Silver Members will have to wait until October 7th. The demo is restricted to a single track, the Bernese Alps, but will feature three of Forza 4’s new Rivals Mode events. Rivals Mode is not unlike EA’s Autolog feature, in that it allows players to compete against friends whether or not they are online. Check out the events available in the Forza 4 demo:
- Round the Mountain — In this hot-lapping challenge, you’ll race your rival in one of the world’s ultimate road cars, the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster, through the breathtaking vistas of the Brunnen Lauterbraunen ribbon
- BMW Blitz — Put your driving skills to the test in the powerful, sharp-handling 2012 BMW M5 as you weave through slower traffic along the slowing Stadtplatz Circuit
- Alpine Rush — In this Track Day Rivals event, you’ll battle slower traffic as you navigate the sweeping turns of the Bernese Alps Club Circuit
Gorgeous though the Burnese Alps track is, it is only half the story. The Forza Motorsport 4 demo also includes five cars for players to test, and they include some of the most sought-after vehicles on the planet. Take a look at the full list below:
- 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
- 2012 BMW M5
- 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
- 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
- 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque
With just a week remaining until the game launches, players are running out of time to pre-order Forza Motorsport 4 and ensure a copy of the “Launch Bonus” car pack. Players looking for yet more virtual vehicles may want to consider obtaining a Season’s Pass for Forza 4’s abundant pre-planned DLC.
Ranters, have you played the Forza Motorsport 4 demo yet? What do you think of it? Are you planning to buy the game next week?
Forza Motorsport 4 releases October 11 in North America, October 14 in Europe, exclusively for the Xbox 360.
Follow me on Twitter @HakenGaken
Source: Top Gear U.K.