As a series, Forza Motorsport has been providing Xbox gamers with realistic racing action since May 2005, and Forza Motorsport 4 is poised to continue the tradition when its released this fall.
Fans of the series will no doubt want to pre-order their copy early since a number of pre-order bonuses have been revealed – and some are being handed out on a first come first served basis.
Retailers currently taking pre-orders for Forza Motorsport 4 are offering codes which will be used to redeem a special car in-game – specific to each retailer. If you’re interested in a particular car, make sure you pre-order from the right retailer – and get their before supplies run out.
The list of participating retailers and their respective bonus cars is listed below:
- Amazon.com - Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT in 2008.
- Best Buy - BMW 1 Series M Coupe: Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.
- GameStop - Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde: The creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo and first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7L turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.
- Wal-Mart - MINI John Cooper Works Clubman: MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to include 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
- Target - Honda CR-Z EX: The Honda CR-Z EX is Honda’s sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16” wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals.
If you think one car is a lousy pre-order bonus, then you’ll be happy to hear that’s not all. Early adopters of Forza Motorsport 4 will be gifted with five cars exclusive to their game discs. That’s right, these five cars will be limited to the first production run of Forza 4 game discs, so if you want access to them you’ll have to get your copy of the game early.
- Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
- Koenigsegg Agera 2011: “The Agera–from the Swedish verb “to act”–celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.”
- Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225hp I6-powered engine.
- RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
- Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.
Those who remember the E3 coverage of Forza Motorsport 4 may remember a couple of key details. Most importantly – the developers showed-off the game running in Kinect game modes, including a very cool feature that utilizes Kinect to let you literally walk up to the car and look at it a bit closer.
When gamers finally go and walk up to their game box in the real world, before diving into their virtual world, they will find that the beautiful Ferrari 485 Italia adorns the cover of Forza Motorsport 4. Dan Greenawalt, Creative Director of Turn 10 Studios, expanded on why the 485 Italia makes for the perfect “hero car” for the next game in the developer’s famed racing franchise.
“The Ferrari 458 Italia was a perfect fit for the ‘Forza Motorsport 4’ hero car. It has the ideal blend of style, creative flair, cutting-edge technology and power that makes it just as gorgeous to look at as it is thrilling to take to the track. We’ve worked closely with our partners at Ferrari to bring this amazing car to life in your living room.”
Finally, it’s been revealed that gamers who invested lots of time into Forza Motorsport 3 are not going to have to start completely from scratch. Thanks to a brand new “Profile Import” feature, gamers will be given extra cars, bonus gifts, and credits – based on their player level and the cars in their Forza 3 garage. Those who dedicate time to making layers and liveries in Forza 3 won’t have regret the investment, as they’ll be able to import those into Forza Motorsport 4 as well.
Will you be making sure you get one of the first copies of Forza Motorsport 4 so that you can take advantage of the free content being put on first edition discs?
Forza Motorsport 4 will be releasing for the Xbox 360 sometime this Fall.