Recently there’s been a lot of achievement/trophy reveals for some of this Fall’s most highly anticipated games, and throwing its hat into the ring is perhaps the king of the most anticipated, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. While you won’t find anything too revelatory (those who fear spoilers have nothing much to worry about) the achievement list does give potential players a good idea of what’s in store for them.
The achievement list was first leaked, and assumed to be legitimate, but now confirmation from Bethesda has verified its validity.
There are of course many of the standards on display – collect x amount of gold, earn x level, discover 100 locations – and there are also some that are specific to the unique features in Skyrim like the shouts. In the world of Skyrim, shouts are a form of three-phase magic that allows the user to harness everything from the weather to a specific element. The more words from the three-word shout that the player knows, the stronger the magic that is unleashed.
Check out the complete list of Skyrim achievements:
- Unbound (10g) – Complete “Unbound”
- Bleak Falls Barrow (10g) – Complete “Bleak Falls Barrow”
- The Way of the Voice (20g) – Complete “The Way of the Voice”
- Diplomatic Immunity (20g) – Complete “Diplomatic Immunity”
- Alduin’s Wall (20g) – Complete “Alduin’s Wall”
- Elder Knowledge (20g) – Complete “Elder Knowledge”
- The Fallen (20g) – Complete “The Fallen”
- Dragonslayer (50g) - Complete “Dragonslayer”
- Take Up Arms (10g) – Join the Companions
- Blood Oath (10g) – Become a member of the Circle
- Glory of the Dead (30g) – Complete “Glory of the Dead”
- Gatekeeper (10g) – Join the College of Winterhold
- Revealing the Unseen (10g) – Complete “Revealing the Unseen”
- The Eye of Magnus (30g) – Complete “The Eye of Magnus”
- Taking Care of Business (10g) – Join the Thieves Guild
- Darkness Returns (10g) – Complete “Darkness Returns”
- One with the Shadows (30g) – Returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory
- With Friends Like These… (10g) – Join the Dark Brotherhood
- Bound Until Death (10g) – Complete” Bound Until Death”
- Hail Sithis! (30g) – Complete “Hail Sithis!”
- Taking Sides (10g) – Join the Stormcloaks or the Imperial Army
- War Hero (10g) – Capture Fort Sunguard or Fort Greenwall
- Hero of Skyrim (30g) – Capture Solitude or Windhelm
- Sideways (20g) – Complete 10 side quests
- Hero of the People (30g) – Complete 30 Misc Objectives
- Hard Worker (10g) – Chop wood, mine ore, and cook food
- Thief (30g) – Pick 50 locks and 50 pockets
- Snake Tongue (10g) – Successfully persuade, bribe, and intimidate
- Blessing (10g) – Select a Standing Stone blessing
- Standing Stones (30g) – Find 13 Standing Stones
- Citizen (10g) – Buy a house
- Wanted (10g) – Escape from jail
- Married (10g) – Get married
- Artificer (10g) – Make a smithed item, an enchanted item, and a potion
- Master Criminal (20g) – Bounty of 1000 gold in all nine holds
- Golden Touch (30g) – Have 100,000 gold
- Delver (40g) – Clear 50 dungeons
- Skill Master (40g) – Get a skill to 100
- Explorer (40g) – Discover 100 locations
- Reader (20g) – Read 50 Skill Books
- Daedric Influence (10g) – Acquire a Daedric Artifact
- Oblivion Walker (30g) – Collect 15 Daedric Artifacts
- Dragon Soul (10g) – Absorb a dragon soul
- Dragon Hunter (20g) – Absorb 20 dragon souls
- Words of Power (10g) – Learn all three words of a shout
- Thu’um Master (40g) – Learn 20 shouts
- Apprentice (5g) – Reach Level 5
- Adept (10g) – Reach Level 10
- Expert (25g) – Reach Level 25
- Master (50g) – Reach Level 50
As compared to the Oblivion achievements, which were also very quest and guild-focused, these are also your standard fare. There are a few, like completing the “Dragonslayer” quest, which have us might intrigued – perhaps for its assumed epic dragon battling – but most of your gamerscore can be earned simply by logging a ton of hours in the world of Skyrim.
Also for fans of Elder Scrolls staples like the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood, they are achievements to confirm their existence and importance in the game. Unfortunately, you vampire fans, of which there are many, will go about your night time trists without any gamerscore to justify your lifestyle.
Our experience with the game thus far, through previews and an extensive amount of information, has proven that there are many more reasons to explore the world of Skyrim than simply a 25g achievement. But if you’re a completionist and a Skyrim fan we’d wager you’re going to have to clear your 2012.
What do you think of the Skyrim achievements? Which are you most looking forward to accomplishing?
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim releases November 11, 2011 for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.
Source: Xbox 360 Achievements