Not to be outdone by British bat-fans, US, Aussie & Kiwi gamers can now look forward to their very own Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition this October. Bursting with Batman memorabilia, the limited-time run will run for a suggested retail price of $119.99 – a comparatively hefty chunk of change for those of us not named Bruce Wayne.
Put together by Warner Bros. Interactive, the special edition set is the first in the celebrated Batman: Akrham series to differ depending on region. Last week Game Rant reported on the unveiling of a simpler UK alternative, featuring a brawling Batman/ Joker statuette, collectible art book and villainous profile dossiers.
Arriving alongside the game’s standard edition on October 25th, this premium-level pack includes:
- An exclusive 9-inch Arkham Origins statuette, featuring light-up LED effects by TriForce
- An 80-page collector’s art book
- An assassin’s contract dossier, containing info on all of the Black Mask’s hired help.
- Two Gotham Crime Lab evidence sheets
- A Batman wanted poster
- Blueprints to the Batwing
- An Anarky stencil
- A Gotham City glow-in-the-dark map
- Bruce’s family photo
- The 1939 ’1st appearance’ Batman skin
- The Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Play as Deathstroke in any of Arkham Origins challenge maps – also features two additional Deathstroke-centric maps & character skins
- A DVD copy of Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics – a feature length documentary, as narrated by Christopher Lee, exploring DC’s extensive stable of rogues (not available In Australia & New Zealand)
Given the $125 value of Warner Bros.’ UK-only set, this latest variant appears to offer excellent value for money. For $5 less than British players will pay in October, US gamers are set to receive an additional $10/$15 DVD, as well as numerous collectibles. Of course, the greatest difference between the two editions also happens to be the set’s major selling point. Whilst some stateside fans are likely to be irked by the lack of Batman in their pack, the same could also be said of UK gamers clamoring to get their hands on the Joker’s light-up sculpture.
How does this collector’s set match up to the Batman’s British-only outing? What kind of Batman mementos would you like to be offered? Which game has the best special edition set out there? Have your say in the comments below.
Batman: Arkham Origins will begin its caped crusade on October 25th 2013, for the Xbox 360, PS3, PC & Wii U platforms. The game’s Collector’s Edition appears in both British & US/AUS/NZ varieties, prices at £79.99/ $119.99, respectively. PlayStation 3 owners will also receive the Arkham Origins in-game Knightfall pack with the set. The Collectors Edition is not slated appear on either PC or Wii U formats.
Follow Sam on Twitter @GamingGoo.
Source: Warner Bros. Interactive