Sure, Ubisoft may have just released Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, but that doesn’t mean they’ve not started to look at the franchise’s future. When a spinoff is as well received as Brotherhood is, no time should be wasted in telling the story of Desmond Miles. Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has already teased the next installment, and a leaked (and apparently very real) survey that made it’s way to the internet is adding even more fuel to the Assassin’s Creed 3 fire.
Ranters, how does a new assassin in a different time period sound? What about on and offline cooperative multiplayer modes? According to the survey below, those are just a couple of options being considered for the next chapter of Desmond’s tale. Read on to find out what other ideas Ubisoft is toying with.
Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the ASSASSIN”S CREED: BROTHERHOOD?
1. An upgrade to the assassin’s blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
2. An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
3. An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
4. Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
5. An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
6. Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
7. A continuation of Ezio’s story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
8. Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin’s Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
9. Online Cooperative Mode
10. Offline Cooperative Mode
11. The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
12. A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
13. Playing new Multiplayer modes
14. A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
15. A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)
After two epic stories in the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze, I’d say it’s time for a new assassin to step out of the shadows and into the light. The virtual recreation of Rome was magnificent, but I’m ready for a new setting, as well. Furthermore, while Facebook games have the potential to offer some intriguing supplemental content, whatever Ubisoft will offer through the retail channel will always prove to be a lot more interesting. We’ve already offered our predictions as to what’s in store for the franchise, and a new assassin and story set in feudal Japan sounds too interesting to not play. Throw in some new multiplayer modes including cooperatively play, and I’d have my ideal Assassin’s Creed game.
What about you, Ranters? What do you want to see in Assassin’s Creed 3? Of the ideas in a survey, which one is most important to you and why? Which one is least important? Do you want a sequel to Project Legacy? Join the discussion in our comments section and share your thoughts with us!